1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Poll - Do you have rattle/squeaking noise from seats in your Punto?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vayfiat, Nov 19, 2014.

?

Punto Seat Squeaks/Rattles

1. Driver seat gives out squeaking noise

28.6%
  2. Co-driver seat gives out squeaking noise

28.6%
  3. Rear bench is rattling (60 ratio)

35.7%
  4. No Rattles

28.6%
  5. Rattles in rear seat without 60:40 split option

7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    This is an attempt to know how many of us are having squeaking/rattle noise from Punto's seats. In a parallel thread that I had created, I have described about the rear bench rattle that my Punto 90HP is suffering from and the actions I have taken with FIAT so far. Thread - http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/rattling-with-rear-seat-design-issue.13320/

In my 90HP I have the following issues with seats:
    • Driver seat gives out squeaking noise - On follow up with Vecto Motors (Bangalore), they raised a DIR to FIAT to get the issue inspected (along with second issues below) and FIAT deputed a seat vendor to do the same. The seat vendor guy tried to fix it temporarily by stuffing in some dampening material, but without success.
    • Rear 60 ratio seat rattles due to design issues. I will be greatly disappointed if it is turning out to be a manufacturing defect in my car alone - since there are not many reporting the issue seriously. Anyway it is a poor design from FIAT, according to me.
    Mods Note: Feel free to delete the thread if you don't think this is useful for the forum.
  2. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mine are not 60:40 ratio seats but they are also squeaking
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi @Ravi,

I fully understand and "Minor issues, squeaks, rattles and niggles" thread had surely helped me quite a lot. But I wanted to get data on how many of us are having seat squeak/rattle. Door/Dashbord rattles are something we can all live with or get some dampening done to ensure rattles don't ever come back. The issue with seat is this - it gives you an unsafe feeling. It makes you feel that you are driving a taxi. I am afraid of every hump, pothole, I'm getting annoyed to go over Bangalore flyovers when I reach span boundaries. I want to present a strong case to FIAT along with my follow ups.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 20, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 20, 2014 ---
    @pradeepsangwan Mods have added an option for non-split rear seats.
  5. anupam sharma

anupam sharma Timido

Gurgaon
    I too have the following issues with my May'2012 punto 75hp.
    Drivers seat :squeaking noise from seat back, goes away at the farthest setting.
    Passenger seat: rattling, seams like whole seat vibrates a little making some noise.
    Even after tightening all bolts and lubrication, these noises come back.:banghead:
    Service center guys are clueless. According to them, only permanent solution is to change the seats. Will Fiat admit that its a manufacturing defect..:(
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    My cars driver seat is squeaking too, but after five years, is it normal or not acceptable

Abdul
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My co-passenger seat shows some sign of rattle from last two months while going over bumper and un-even road. I will show it to SA coming weekend during my 4th service.
  8. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    @anupam sharma - Get it sorted out soon. Mine is bought on Nov19, 2012 (yes, yesterday my Punto baby turned 2 yrs), but an August/July model I guess. Tightening bolts, etc are all gimmicks from the mechanics. Get down and get your hands dirty, else the issues won't be sorted out. I will surely update all of you guys if FIAT is giving a satisfactory answer.
  9. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Me too noticed it with 60:40 seat of my 90HP Sports.
  10. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    I can't conclude much with such a turnout of the poll. Anyway, it is clear that there are people who have similar issues.
    I'm continuing my follow up with Vecto/FIAT. I can't explain the intensity of bad feeling I have while I driver through bad roads.
    There is no way I'm going to settle with a squeaking front driver seat (since I'm not sure about rear seat - it is a clear design issue).