1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Please suggest the Right Fiat for me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by vinvk, Jan 5, 2016.

1. vinvk

vinvk Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    After an hiatus, I'm back to actively looking for a new car and hope to have one by mid of next month.

Below made to the final shortlist.

1) Duster (85ps/110ps/awd)
    2) Terrano
    3)Punto Abarth
    4)Figo Diesel

I've test driven duster and punto abarth. Liked both. I'm going to take another test drive of both and decide which one I like most.
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @vinvk Both are best in its own segment.
  3. vinvk

vinvk Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    By the way dealer told me that 'Avventura powered by Abarth' is stopped beacause Fiat is preparing to launch urban cross by june/july.
  4. vinvk

vinvk Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I've taken the duster off the list as fiancee's parents have one.

I'm considering two cars as of now. S cross 1.6 and Punto Abarth.
    I've to book either of these two in two more days as I'll be out of town till month end and I want to have the car delivered early next month.

S cross 1.6

320 nm of torque.
    Good highway cruiser and decent city car.
    Can take the few mud roads that connect my apartment to the main road.
    Beautiful cabin and features
    15.5 Lakh onroad for top end but the ARAI mileage is 20+. The fuel cost per KM works out to around INR 3
    Not sure about the depreciation if I want to change the car after 5 or 6 years.

Punto Abarth
    Petrol.
    12 Lakhs onroad. Fuel cost per KM is around INR 6
    That steering feedback is lovely. I wish they make it reach adjustable.

Basically I'm wondering if I should buy 12 lakh petrol car and use the 3 lakhs saved for fuel which shall cover me for 50000 KM OR
    buy a 15 Lakh Diesel car and spend another 1.5 Lakh for the same 50000 KM.

15 lakh car has more features, decent handling. I will miss the steering feed back though.
    The 12 lakh car will miss some features but I can live with that.

Please help in making it easier for me.
  5. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    If you need a car that will be used for 5 people regularly, the scross makes sense since it is bigger than the abarth. In case your monthly running does not warrant a diesel car and rear space is not much of an issue, pick the Abarth. Also factor the interest saved by buying the Abarth.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I think your heart is set on Abarth. Go get it!
    For that steering braking and the looks you would receive. And the extra amount you can save. It is decently equipped and you have mentioned that you can live with them.
    But if you want to go to that unexpected location unaware of the road condition may be a crossover with 320 Nm torque and added features will be better. Though nobody would care to look back at your car.
    Going by my co-brother's feedback on scross 1.6, it can make many cars vanish from your rear view mirror quite easily, a feature Abarth also possess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk