1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Please suggest the Right Fiat for me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by vinvk, Jan 5, 2016.

1. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @vinvk From the above list - If you want an all rounder and give a decent FE, Avvy 90HP diesel is the only choice.

If you want the same all rounder with less FE (85PS duster gives a lesser than claimed mileage) but more boot space - duster.

if -Not much care for FE, perfomance is the only thing - Abarth - this babe would eat every other car , even the xuv500 for lunch.

topic closed, Go buy.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    My colleague gets about 16.xx mileage for Terrano.
  3. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
    @ vinvk It seems prices out here in Assam are cheaper. Mine cost 10.49 OTR including zero dep insurance ( I carried over the 50% NCB from my earlier car) Even without that it would have been 10.6. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 12, 2016 ---
    Mileage depends upon your driving style IMHO
    mangeshtendulkar and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  4. Kaushal Singh

Kaushal Singh Timido

Faridabad Haryana
    Linea 1.3
    Speaking of online reviews and power drift specially.. I saw their review of Honda City which put it as best car sold in India. After that I test drove the City right after test driving the 2014 Linea (note: I had never driven a Fiat car before that). All I can say they're either being paid by some companies to give reviews which may also explain their higher production quality and levels, or they don't know (which is unlikely) cars. Needless to say I bought the Linea.

Their review of Avy was also highly biased and why did they take the FIRE Avy instead of Multijet is a question. Speaking of other publications (OD, Autocar etc.) Fiat cars are hardly a contender for their car of the year line ups. At least puts a big question mark in my head.

Bottom line: Take reviews with a pinch of salt they can be biased by multiple factors. Take test drives and refer to multiple sources (owners feedback, forums, third party reports etc. i.e. for sales, customer satisfaction etc.) for information and to make a decision.
    Ravi_M, prabhjot, gpunto75 and 3 others like this.
  5. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    @Kaushal Singh
    I second your observation. One of the reviewer Renuka Kirpalini will always be salivating for Honda. She will always compare Linea and say, City is much better... Linea has more equipment, better ride, solidly built, better blah blah, but City is the best. "Linea/Punto steering is too much into your face", what is that?

Another misguiding all reviewers do to justify their "under-powered" accusation is, when you have to overtake, you need to work the gears. Common reviewers. Depending on what speed you are going, and what speed the other vehicle is going, you need to get in the right gear to overtake. Is that something unique to Fiats? Common we are not talking about some V6 or V8 engines. Can a Honda car doing 40Kms/hr in 5th gear, overtake a truck doing 90Kms/hr in fifth gear without any delay? They must have some sense.
  6. vinvk

vinvk Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I wish Fiat has a product in compact SUV or the SUV segment. Something like Renault Duster. Read somewhere that Fiat will launch it in 2017 for INR 15 lakh. Code name of the product C-SUV.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @vinvk

If you are still waiting for a future possible FIAT or JEEP model: you/we should know for relative-sure by the end of January, when FCA/Marchionne/Manley etc will be press-conferencing their updated product launch plan and rhythm for all the brands, globally. India too, surely/hopefully?

The Jeep c-suv you reference will be priced higher, who knows but am guessing more like Fortuner prices or - a bit/a lot? For 2017, end, India-built?

cheers
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    One Malayalam News Paper Report Says Jeep will go on sale from Next Month Via Existing Fiat Dealers Like Abarth.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    That's good for fiat to improve quality of existing dealerships.
    prabhjot and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    On the Other Side it may lose the Premium Tag.