1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Please need Help/Suggestions

Discussion in 'Linea' started by HarshaEvo, Sep 17, 2016.

1. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Timido

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Dear TFi
    Members

I'm into Import Export Business But Later due to Lucrative Business of Ola And Uber Changed My Mind and Made Me to Enter Into This Business also So On December 2015 I booked Fiat Punto Evo And Fiat Linea Classic Both Commercial Usage With Yellow Plate so As soon as Deliveries Completed I attached both to Ola In My Native Place Seems to be everything nearly having 60k in hand every month.but Meanwhile my father got transfer to Tamilnadu And Andhra Border He Works for Central Government. So We decided to reside in Chennai Tamilnadu. Here The Problem starts for. We shifted and settled in Chennai went to Ola office and asked. Them procedure regarding ANDHRA Car in Chennai From Ola End it's hassle free and supportive They just asked me to pay roadtax and attach vehicle in Chennai .. While I'm returning from Ola Office to my Home near airport police stopped me and asked me for documents everything went smoothly till they told me a shocking news (Sir Fiat Don't Have Approval For T-Board Car in Chennai u can't use this vehicle here) I told them I have temporary permit so I can ply roads in Chennai but they insisted me that i shall change registration to TN and then I said ok will do ASAP. Next Day I went to Nearst rto and submitted all documents of both vehicles RTO people refused As Fiat don't have permission I can't pay road tax for them so only way they granted me is I have to get permits every week For that permit I need to go andhra border every week . then immediately I spoke with Fiat Customer Support they told due to some internal issues Fiat don't have approval for Commercial usage in Chennai then went to Fiat dealer in Chennai he said yes sir we don't have approval and permission.then manged to get Fiat regional manager He also said the same the approval may never happen in Chennai now due to this I'm badly upset I can't find anyway what to do with both cars. Can't resale them as the value will be very low and both under finance .please help me guys I can't go back andhra and here I'm like broken arrow sad to see both cars spending their time in parking lot. Your suggestions will help me alot Sorry For Long Post

PS:Shall I raise this issue to Fiat India GM and Ceo?
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Well @HarshaEvo , this seems weird. And typical of fiat.
    I am afraid that you don't have any option then.

I hope some other member can pitch in and provide an option.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Really weird , TN RTO doesn't allow safer taxis to their people!!

Me feels, you should read all the documents received at the time of purchase of the cars. also the advertisements

And you should ask your dealer why he has not clarified this issue prior to purchase that the car can't be transferred in few other states ?
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    That's news indeed. You must get in touch with Fiat corporate office at Mumbai also. If Mr. Kevin Flynn is available on Twitter ask him as well. Also check the laws both center and state which may/may not conflict and possibly give you a loop hole to use them via an interim court order.
  5. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Timido

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    @Tornado buddy In India Except TN Fiat have approval/permission everywhere in India.There is some issues with Fiat and Government of TN probably as far as I heard Local dealers haven't applied to use Fiat as taxi plate so I think I may need to fight against local dealer also.. I'm ready to transfer ap registration to TN REGISTRATION but rto people even not allowing me to pay even road tax or annual tax as Fiat don't have approval
  6. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Timido

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Guys in this issue can I file suite against fiat India? Please I need your answers and suggestions
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You can make Fiat a party. I am not aware of the law if any broken by Fiat, but certainly get in touch with their corporate office first. And please lord please be utmost patient and don't threaten them. Remember they are bunch of people more than company who will make you cry if you become what they call 'a difficult customer' :(
    Don't even talk about legal right now. Simply ask them about their stand on this issue. To me it looks like dealer should have been aware. And please record or use email for all your communications.
  8. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Timido

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    1)Fiat Is Not Showing Interest To Apply Permission for using a fiat car as taxi and commercial usage to Tamilnadu RTO.
    2)Fiat Dealers also not showing any interest in order to get approval quickly they are saying no one is here to buy fiat as taxi so we don't need to apply for approval.
    3)Fiat India suggested me to sell my car in andhra itself and buy another car in Tamilnadu they are only offering me 3.75Lakh for my Linea Which I bought for 7.80L
    4)spoke with everyone except Mr.Kevin Flynn No one even showing interest to solve this issue
    5)Even Jaguar and rolls Royce have Commercial usage Permission in Tamilnadu but fiat doesn't have weird isn't it?
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You can understand the law or find what is mandatory to the manufacturer. Yes it's bad you cannot register with TN but I doubt you can sue Fiat. Unless there are conflicting laws or loopholes.

Yes Fiat can do better, but they must have good reasons perhaps or maybe it's a TN government thing.

Keep posting.