1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Please help me to decide which car to buy

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Rajarshi, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Hello All,

I got an used diesel Fiat Linea Emotion PK 2009 Feb model at the price of 4.5lac in kolkata. The Car is in good condition (not evaluated the mechanical part yet) and dealer said that they will complete all the necessary service prior to handover the car.the Car ran about 30K KMs.

Now i have heard that Jan and Feb (2009) manufactured Linea cars had some mechanical defects! Is this true? Will this a good decision to buy this Feb 2009 model Linea? Please advice as i am very confused and also dont want to waste my hard earned money.

Thanks for your help.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Which Reliable source provided you the Information that Linea Jan and Feb (2009) has a SOME mechanical DEFECTS
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes there were some issues like plastic CSC and nothing else. To check the CSC is just 5 mins job and made up of plastic then you can change it under warranty.

30k run Linea diesel for 4.5 lakhs is a good deal. Check the car thoroughly.
  4. "The dealer"??you buying it from which dealer/agent/individual??If it is a dealer car registered near park street area,or south kolkata the odometer has been tampered for sure...Stay away from South Kolkata dealers,try to buy cars from individual,you will get good deal and peace of mind..
    If you are willing to pay 4.5L for a used car,pay up some more and you will get new Punto Active for 5.8L(and you get extended warranty aswell,which is very much required)

Try TFI classifieds,someone wanted to sell punto emotion pack in kolkata,maybe it is still available
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    FIAT Linea MJD emotion 30k run for 4.5 lac? but make sure the records, service history is proper, Never buy a used car from dealer most of them are tampered or accident vechicles
    1 person likes this.
  6. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Hi All,

Thanks to all for your valuable suggestions. I have asked for 4lac for this car and dealer(its in bhawanipur) was not ready to negotiate so i have already removed it from my wish list. One thing i would like to ask; When i first saw this car; i saw black smoke coming out from the exhaust pipe when driver tried to start the car (though it was not started after several attempts). Do you know what is reason for black smoke? I have heard from one mechanic that if this happens; then car needs a change of engine oil. What could be the other reasons? Any Idea?
  7. Whenever any diesel car is started after long period,black smoke will come out for few minutes,then it will reduce...Avoid cars near bhowanipur area...they are complete duds...