1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Please help in buying Punto Evo 90hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by rkperumala1, Mar 1, 2016.

1. rkperumala1

rkperumala1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I have seen this review comparing Polo with Punto -> https://www.teamfiat.com/members/amogh.5/ (Compared with a 1199 c Polo) & it's been almost 6th year now.

How about a comparison of current polo TDI with 90 HP ? Anyone here have good idea about the pros / cons with 90HP over Polo 1.5 TDI (2015)
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Polo 1.5 TDI (Pros over Punto 90 HP)
    1) Outright acceleration with better low-end performance. 90 HP is lethargic at start.
    2) Best interioir quality. 90 HP's interioir looks way more sporty though.
    3) Slicker gearbox

Punto 90 HP (Pros over Polo):
    1) Ride
    2) Steering
    2) Wider and bigger tyres
    3) Interior space + Rear leg room
    5) Emissions :D
    6) NVH
    7) Better rear seats: More comfort with great under-thigh support
    8) GC
    9) Way lower maintenance. On an average the 15k kms service costs 5-5.5k for 90 HP and around 10k for Polo.
    10) VFM: ALmost 1 lac cheaper than Polo 1.5 Highline

Areas where both are similar:
    1) Mid-range and top-end performance: Polo 1.5 is a lot more linear. 90 HP has a punchier mid-range.
    2) Handling: Both are similar, even though Punto inspires a lot more confidence because of brilliant steering and wider tyres combo.
    3) European build quality: Punto is the real tank here.
    4) ASS: Both dont score high marks here, but at least Punto maintenance is way cheaper. Eg: When the EGR gets clogged, VAG asks the customers to change it as they dont repair it, and it costs a bomb to change it.
    5) Once a year service interval
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @rkperumala1 : any news? have you booked the 90HP ?
    on Polo vs Punto: i have driven these cars back to back. There is no much difference in Handling. Where Punto scores is on the suspension. Its way better than Polo's. Also i personally like Evo's all back interior theme. @Turbothinghy has covered all the relevants points.
  4. rkperumala1

rkperumala1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Deepak : I like Polo & Love Punto besides !!! The delay is due to my current car, a Honda Amaze a diesel car and my family decision's.

They are looking for good space more than Amaze but I'm looking for solidity, a drivers car.Discussion on narrowing down the choice is still in progress...

Recently took a look at S-Cross which have a Fiat 1.6 engine. Will keep this thread updated up on a selection.

Mostly will endup buying Punto / Linea or other brands - Maruthi S-Cross.

Cheers

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
    Deepak likes this.
  5. Rahul Tiwari

Rahul Tiwari Timido

Greater Noida
    Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi,do one thing call Kashyap Fiat Noida, they have one 90Hp Fiat Punto Ferrari Red 2015 June or July Model left. Here they are quoting for 7.7 lac approx.
  6. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    Rahul is it OTR price (7.7),then that should be very good deal.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
  7. Rahul Tiwari

Rahul Tiwari Timido

Greater Noida
    Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yepp,its on road price
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    The price undoubtedly is very nice, however the buyer is in Hyderabad :)

@rkperumala1 S-Cross is a very good car. If you are fine digesting the debatable external looks, the engine (1.6) gives you all that you need and the car handles well too. Linea as we know is not peppy (for the known reasons) but a super comfortable cruiser which would satisfy your needs of solidity and being a drivers car. With that new ecu map from FIAT for facelift Linea's the car can be handled in stop go traffic as well with much ease. With the Punto Evo, you might miss on the boot space from your amaze, but the car is leaps and bounds away in terms of quality and build when compared to your current ride. Also the 90HP in EVO would be more responsive than the Linea due to the weight factor.

On the Polo 1.5 TDI, I have not driven the car yet, however Iam sure the engine would definitely more fun than the 1.3 MJD. The refinement level of the MJD being better than the TDI or the IDtec. The Polo Iam sure would have good interiors as well, the plastics might be much better than the EVO. Long term ownership costs with the VW are already well known and the MJD will be more economical to be serviced as the years pass by.

All The best in your decision making, keep us posted with your inputs as it would help others too.

Cheers,
    pradeep.
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
    prabhjot and Ravi_M like this.
  9. Rahul Tiwari

Rahul Tiwari Timido

Greater Noida
    Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hello Ravikiran,
    talked to Kashyap Fiat Noida Sales team on your behalf, they are ready to transport the car at your location, I guess Hyderabad, it will cost u another 15-20K, but the on road price will be around 7.5 to 7.7 ,it depends.if you need the ph numbers tell me.
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. Tanmoy

Tanmoy Timido

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi iam Tanmoy here.
    I own a 75bhp Punto, want to know if the Tantra Bluetooth device will work with my car music system.