1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Please help in buying Punto Evo 90hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by rkperumala1, Mar 1, 2016.

1. rkperumala1

rkperumala1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello Team,

I'm RaviKiran (RKP), resident of Hyderabad. I currently have a Honda Amaze(S - iDtech). It's near to 2 years I've been driving this car. Had many long drives to Bangalore, Tirupathi, Chennai. These drives somehow didn't give me confidence on safety perspective, rest all good !!

I will be doing long drives down the road too and somehow I'm having this itchy feeling to change my Car, looking for a hatch / sub 4 mtr car which have good amount of space and safety*.

Went to a Fiat showroom today. Had a TD, drive was very much different when compared to Honda. Clutch is unresponsive and gears were smooth and rubbery. Does one get used to these things ? Also there was a huge lag till 2k rpm. A bit down on this corner too !!!

Dealer gave the attached quotation. uploadfromtaptalk1456839768204.png

Are there any discounts running on Evo90 HP ? Is the quoted price reasonable ? In this price range I can get a good sedan is my feeling If opted to buy one, will it be positive usage all the way ?

Kindly please help
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @rkperumala1 : Bro it's been a year since I have been driving my Evo 90 HP and it's been a great year.

Punto clutch isn't unresponsive, it's just that it had a deep/long travel, which you will definitely get used to once you start driving it regularly. But the clutch is very soft as well, so it won't hurt your legs even in stop-go traffic.

Regarding the turbo lag, I can understand that as you are coming from Amaze D which has negligible lag. You will get used to it as well when you will learn driving it above 1800 RPMs and then it will be fun to drive. Also on highways, it is a bliss to drive with strong punchy mid-range and decent top-end as well. I would recommend you to to another test drive which should include broken roads, highways etc and then I guess you would start appreciating the brilliant machine. Also try Avvy D too, that though has the same engine under the hood has a slightly different engine tuning, which makes it more agile in the lower RPMs. 90 HP would have a much better at NVH as well when compared to Amaze D.

The gear shifts are rubbery but would get a lot better after say 10k kms, by still won't match the slickness of Japs/Koreans/Germans.

Regarding the ONR price, you should get a decent discount in the range of 50-70k at least. Any way it would be quite cheaper than other premium hatchbacks like polo, i20.

Lastly, I would like to say that in general Honda and Fiat have different USPs. Fiats are known for great ride + handling package very well complemented by segment best brakes and high speed stability which all in all provides sheer driving pleasure.
    rkperumala1 likes this.
  3. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    I have never driven a Honda diesel. So confused how a turbo diesel does not have lag below 2k rpm. Is it like innova where maximum torque comes at 1200rpm? People complaining about lag in the 1.6mjet II in maruti across. I don't know. What's the logic someone please clarify
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Lag is the eagerness to move in lower gears. A momentary lag of vehicle struggling to move till full boost is achieved and engine develops sufficient power (and torque). This has to do with the weight of vehicle, displacement (and power to weight ratio). Bigger engines will produce sufficient power depending also on their fuel delivery and air intake ability. So yes Innova could in effect be big displacement but having lag IF the company engineers would fail to tune the car wrt the power characteristics of engine as well as gearing ratios. If you look at the sheer displacement and power characteristics of mjd it is one small wonder of an engine and is ofcourse a bit low on power delivery also due to weight and gearing ratios. VGTs are supposed to deliver more precise control of boost from a lower rev range due to the adaptive vanes which help achieve a compromise between a big and small turbo. Turbos have their efficiency bands. And have to be matched as per specific engine and performance and fuel efficiency needs. For more detailed information please read 'layman's perspective' of mod Gurjinder's thread on the subject.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  5. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    You may also price check with A V Motors
    rkperumala1 likes this.
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Today saw a paper ad on offers. Try avventura as well. They are offering here in TN about 1.25 lac offer on avvy and linea and upto 65k on punto evo. My say would be for an avvy.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @rkperumala1

Congrats on the thoughts of buying the 90HP scorcher. Why is the dealer quoting handling charges, they are anyways illegal. Do negotiate with the dealer on this. Also the Insurance in the quote - is it including the zero dep add on cover? Try getting an online quote which I am sure will be less than what the dealer has quoted. Ask the dealer to match the quote or else you can buy Insurance from outside.
    I fully agree with views of @Turbothinghy . Its matter of getting used to the clutch long throw. However I don't agree with his view of Amaze having negligible lag. I personally have driven Amaze diesel and have found lag in the first two gears. Plus add to that the irritating engine clutter is unbearable to my liking. Punto feels more refined in the NVH.
    asimpleson and Turbothinghy like this.
  8. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @@rkperumala1,

i think u should get a discount of 65k.

try to bargain for a on road price of around 8.5 lac.
    rkperumala1 likes this.
  9. rkperumala1

rkperumala1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks guys for your helpful response's.

Test drove the pinto 90hp today again. Felt like I'm already used to this, Good ;-)

Punto doesn't have Bluetooth audio steaming via mobile, so that one can play songs. I've asked for the touch screen which comes in sportivo, as shown in the image below
    uploadfromtaptalk1456932594782.jpg

Dealer said he will change the stock to this and give, but with no discounts

When enquired with other dealer, he said there is no option of this. Also if changed one cannot give any guarantee.

Any advice in this corner ??

Thanks guys, you help much appreciated
  10. rkperumala1

rkperumala1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Any suggestions here please ??