1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Please help a newcomer - 2011 Fiat Linea Tjet+ ....To buy or not

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by s_mehta, Jun 9, 2012.

1. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    HI mehta,

If you are eyeing only petrol engine in C+ segment then there is no car to match TJet , With eyes closed buy it , also do a through PDI . Its a marverlous engine put up on one of the fiat's best chasis in this world. no car can match it.
  2. Hi Mehta, if your heart longs for the T-Jet then just go for it. Don't worry too much on the fact that the car was at the dealer for long. I got a 2008 Manufactured Palio MJD in 2010. Just did a basic PDI, got all the fluids changed before delivery (paid for it) and upgraded the wheels and tires after delivery. It has been 2yrs now and the car has been flawless considering the fact that it was stocked up in the Pune yard for 2 yrs braving all the heat and rain.
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet.

For about Rs.1 Lakh more you get a car from a higher segment with far more features then the Sunny and performance that will simply blow the Sunny away into oblivion.

I know this is team Fiat so you are bound to hear go for a Fiat over any other brand but in this case, Fiat clearly deserves to be picked over the Sunny.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

I have already given my opinion but today I have a reason to stress you more for Tjet. I had a test drive of a Tjet plus. What I have noticed is that it is a car of different class. I never felt the need for improvement of plastics or any thing in that car. So solid feeling while driving and it is a complete package. power filled monster. I would compare the drive of any other car in its class with a cart tied to a donkey where Tjet is a royal elephant drive. I never felt that classiness in any other car in it's category. Not an exaggeration. I feel if one is not planning to buy it better not drive it otherwise it will make you feel that you are nowhere.
    3 people like this.
  5. s_mehta

Hi All

Infinite thanks for the replies ! Updates:

1) Actually, the OTR is roughly 8 lakh for 2011 tjet+. Plus a corporate discount of 10k makes it a sub-8 lakh buy. No negotiations.

2) Did a test drive today. I'm sold. The car looks great, is a pleasure to drive and has a lot of nifty, well-thought of additions.

3) have checked with numerous people who've all told me that buying a 2011 model isn't an issue. So guess that helps.

4) my driving is under 1000 km a month. And as someone in this forum said, I'm taking a call that diesel prices won't remain subsidized over the next 5-6 years.

5) Dealer isn't agreeing to changing tyres/battery. Though again im told this shouldnt really be an issue. Thoughts ?
  6. sungoa2010

If you drive it like any other petrol car you will get similar FE figures. What I meant is that It is a wrong impression that Tjet is not FE compared to city. It is wrong. Tjet is equally FE like city. Only difference is our foot some time cheat our brain and will play music with the rhythm of our heart. Such a drive for pleasure is not there in other sedans.
    Best strategy is to use it for occasional pleasure drive and use it like a regular car for usual commuting.
  7. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Linea 1.3
    I don't think that Fiat or dealer will agree to change the tyres.
    Regarding battery, ask the dealer to provide the same warranty as in a new car from the date of your purchase. That should give you sufficient protection.
    Otherwise mail to mangesh again and request him to replace the battery. He will pass on his instructions to the Territory Sales Manager.

Congrats on your choise. Have you booked the car?
  8. s_mehta

Just came back from booking. White tjet+. Battery - 6 mo. Warranty. OTR 7.97. Also there was a lucky draw today - we won a 32 inch philips LCD Tv as assured gift. :)

Thanks all for the help.
    2 people like this.
  9. sungoa2010

Congratulations. The car is a lucky car for you. Take care of it. Do a puja for avoiding drishti. :)
  10. Amar Hardas

Amar Hardas

Dear Mr Mehta,

I bought a Fiat Linea 2012 model 'Emotion' (Diesel) in Feb this yr. Because of the improved ground clearance the vehicle is good. The discount being offered to you is amazing, its worth it. I have also driven Nissan Sunny. It's OK, latest. Shape, especially rear, is boxy. It's your choice.

Since you are going to be city bound, buying a 2011 model Linea is recommended. In any case, Honda City, Vento, Rapid have similar ground clearance.
    Buy the petrol version. Linea Diesel is sluggish at lower gears, the pick-up is wanting. That is not the case with T-Jet.

Last, but not the least, listen to your heart. If it says 'yes' go for it.

All the best.

as ever,