1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Playing Music through USB Stick in Linea

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Shreyas Ravetkar, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Shreyas Ravetkar

Shreyas Ravetkar Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Hey Guys,

I would like to know how can I play Music through USB drive, When I insert a USB Stick in the port inside the glove box, Nothing happens my player starts playing CD or Tuner, Cannot find USB option on Dashboard too.. Please Help

Thanks In Advance

Happy Driving
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Shreyas Ravetkar : visit the Winter Check Up camp at Pandit Auto tomorrow. Many of our Pune members will be there. Someone will definitely help you out in person. In case there is a malfunctioning part you can get it diagnosed and replaced at the service center itself.
  3. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Press SRC button on the upper right of steering. The button next to up button. Muliple pressing will result in source selection to Media Player.

Media player is where it will play from USB stick. You can also change the settings to auto play from menu situated on right of dashboard.

Refer manual for better clarity
  4. Shreyas Ravetkar

Shreyas Ravetkar Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    @amogh Thanks for the Info, But I am going on a 800km drive to Nagpur tomorrow early in the morning, So not possible this time, my family has already planned everything cant ditch them. Next time for sure I will attend.

@himanshu4886 Thanks for the info, When I select SRC it shows CD, Tuner and all the stations available but no media player
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Shreyas,

Would suggest to ensure that the USB is not corrupt or non formatted. if so pls format the USB and then load the music. Once you stick the USB into the slot, turn the ignition switch to MAR position and hold for a while so that the system recognizes and reads the USB content. Once done it will automatically start playing the music if set in the menu or else you can access the music files using the buttons on the steering wheel.

amogh likes this.
  6. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    That means it has not detected usb. Try another with only music files in it. Formatting it may also help.
    amogh likes this.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Shreyas Ravetkar : Agree with @himanshu4886 and @ghodlur. If you are not seeing Media Player then the USB is not detected. Format the USB and copy the files again. While formatting format as a FAT32 drive and not NTFS. I also had this issue on a couple of occassions but then it was because the USB drive was loose (improper fit). I got an USB extension cable and haven't faced any issues since.

You can also download the Blue & Me software update from here : http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx/index.aspx?brand=fga&lang=en#/support/download/
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    This happens in my car on and off and I still don't know why. Try using a couple of different USB stick's. Most probably it will work. Its takes about a few seconds before the Media Player starts.

Sometimes if it does not work, I just leave the USB stick in the slot over night and 90% of the time it works in the morning. But make the sure the USB is formatted correctly.
  9. AbhijitRC

AbhijitRC Timido

Pune,MH
    @Shreyas try pressing the Windows button for the voice command and "play media". Might work but not if the PD is not detected.
  10. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    If the pen drive is not readable it will shout at you "invalid media device"

Best is to go through the manual which has step by step details.