1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Playing Ipod from AUX input

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by deepakmittal, Jun 1, 2010.

1. deepakmittal

deepakmittal

Noida
    Hi All,

Pls let me know how to play ipod from AUX cable in Emotion pk. Basically i dont want to play it via USB as it is not at all user friendly. I want to use a cable with 3.5mm jack on both sides. 1 side in ipod and another in ICE.
    So how can we have that in emotion pk. Any pointers for solution in NCR are welcome.
    :anyone pls...i want to enjoy my italian beauty with American DJ (Apple Ipod )..pls.

--Deepak
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow !! This is a first. AUX Cable in Emotion PK. Had never thought about this. I think Amit will have some idea about this since he recently did an ICE upgrade.
  3. I am not very sure, but I think in the Emotion pack the USB is connected to the Aux input behind the OEM HU. So if you need the 3.5mm jack then you would loose the USB.

On the other hand i think the iPod (except the iTouch and iPhone) can be connected directly without the need for Blue & Me adapter.
  4. ihrishi

ihrishi

Mumbai
  5. I have been seriuosly thinking of this ever since my first service.

More because, my USB has slowly stopped responding to many a memory sticks of mine and nowadays I have to resort myself to the good old MP3/CD days.

I haven't been succesful with a solution for this, (making my USB come alive) with couple of forums too. I think only my mem sticks fail to work; the service person was able to get his drive working and hence I couldn't get much help from him other than he advicing me to change to a different stick.

Peeple, do suggest solutions if you come across any.
  6. Try formating your drive. It might help.

Today it was not recognizing my iPhone (I am using the Blue & Me adapter). I tried all the possible options. Deleting the user data, disconnecting the battery. But nothing worked :A , finally I tried restoring the HU to factory setting. This worked :dancing :dancing . Finally I can play my 8gb of songs while on the :steering :clapping :clapping
  7. deepakmittal

deepakmittal

Noida
    Hi Hrishi,

Are you sure it is comaptible with the ICE fitted in Punto EM Pk.
    Moreover can you check if it available in Netherlands also. My frnd is coming from amnsterdam in 2-3 weeks.I can ask him to bring this cable from there..
    Meanwhile i am also searching for its availibility in NCR as well as in Netherlands.

--Deepak
  8. ihrishi

ihrishi

Mumbai
    its available online.. but is very expensive...7-10GBP.
    From what i gather, it should be available with Blanpukt retailers. To tell you the truth, i have not tried hard enough ;)

You will have to plug it into the HU and then click on the CD button twice to get the AUX option. The aux is usually for a CD changer, and this is one of the options that can be used too.

It is also difficult to remove the HU as DIY since it requires special tools.
  9. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is in response to The Punter's post. My personal experience with Blue & Me is as follows:-

(a) I have not had problems with sticks up to 2 Gb. 4 Gb is also generally OK. Larger than 4 Gb appears a bit 'iffy'.

(b) If the mp3 bit rate is more than 160 kbps, the system does not recognise it. (The manual also states this). VBR coding also does not appear to be supported. Since most of my music was coded at 192/320, I had to re-code the whole lot to 160 kbps. If you need to do this I will recommend a freeware "Oxelon". It is very fast with good multi-threading capability - runs well on multi-core cpus.

Johnny
  10. Wanted to update here about some good news from my side.. :)) :dancing
    My GP's USB input has started working, with all the previous (unsuccesfully) tried memory sticks, and so too my Sansa e280 8GB music player since yesterday .. voila.. !! :dance :dance
    Not very sure of "because of what reason", it has started working now. But, this time.. :clap
    1. Before connecting to the USB input, I did a format of those memory sticks (to FAT32) and then copied music into them.
    2. I saw that auto play option was "OFF" for the "media player" mode in my car's audio settings, and I now put it into to "ON".
    3. I NOW remember !, in the interim, I never tried to switch to Media player using voice prompts. :uh (Earlier I used to do so). I always tried to switch mode using buttons in the player OR, using SRC button in steering wheel. :steering

Some interesting findings, some of which are "matching to" and some which are on contrary to few posts in similar threads here are..
    - It does play MP3 music encoded above 128 kbps.
    - It does play VBR (variable bit rate) apart from CBR (constant bit rate). This saved me from the tedious task of converting/encoding all my music into 128 kbps CBR format from the current VBR format as well as those with higher bit rate. Still, I am not sure of its full limitations. I had almost started with this process of re-encoding, but gladfully, chose to test it once again before jumping IN.
    - It does play music inside folders. Means, you dont have to copy all ".mp3 files" into the root directory removing any folder structure.
    - It plays in quite few ways like album wise, genre, artist, and also Folder wise! (that was a nice addition, since my sansa didn't use to play folder wise. The closest matching option was 'album' wise). Also it displays playlists and play them.
    - It first builds the directory /index when you connect the player and this process takes a few minutes. For my 8GB player which had just around 500 MB free, it took about 5-6 minutes to build index before ready to use.