1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Play songs via USB in Linea

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by preetagarwal, Jul 29, 2014.

1. preetagarwal

preetagarwal Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Hi Frnds,

I recently(3 months back not too recent though) bought a 2nd Hand Fiat Linea Emotion, 2009 model. I am bored with playing radio, full of ads on all station together. :( I see a USB socket in gloves box, near left front door. Want to know, can we play music with pendrive in linea?? if yes how?? plz plz plz let me know... i m big fond of muzic ... but couldnt play my favorite songs.

Please tell me steps how can i play song via USB in Fiat Linea?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Absolutely.

I suggest you immediately take out your Linea Manual and read it. :D
    1 person likes this.
  3. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Step 1 - Connect USB drive your favourite songs to the port in the glove box
    Step 2 - Press the button with the phone icon on the steering till you see "Media Player"
    Step 3 - In Media Player , browse through folders , songs , etc. and play what you want - Enjoy :)

Alternatively , once the USB is connected , press the windows button on the steering and say "play "
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Agarwal ji. :) You can play music from USB port if you own a Linea Emotion Pack with USB port in glove box and steering mounted audio controls.

01. Put some songs in the pen drive.

02. Put key to mar position/on position that will start the radio.

03. Insert the pen drive in the slot. Make sure it doesnt fell into the empty space behind the glove box. Bend down to see where it is going.

04. Songs shall start playing after 5-10 seconds. If they do not, they press the windows button on the steering and after you hear a beep, wait a max of 1-2 seconds and say "Play media". The mic is located inside the cabin light assembly by the way.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I think the steps are interchanged Doctor sahab. I think you need to first put the USB in the slot and then turn key to the postion mentioned so that the system recognizes the USB to read the content.
  6. preetagarwal

preetagarwal Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Thank u guys. I dont know what was the problem, but I had songs in pendrive, along with other conents (pdf docs and some .exe) and it didnt work the way said above. Then I formatted the pendrive with FAT32 format (not a quick format) and copied few songs. I put the key on ON position, and then inserted pendrive.... and it started playing.... woopiee..... i was so happy.... went for a small ride at night itself listening songs of my choice. Thank you all!!! You guys a are awesome. Thanks a ton.
    1 person likes this.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I always follow the steps that I wrote, i.e. I insert the USB drive only after starting the engine. Reason is that I take out the pen drive in the evening when I come back (If I have to put new tracks in it) and then insert pen drive in the morning while going to college. If I insert pen drive first and then put the key to MAR, I have to wait till the tracks are read before I can crank the engine, else most of the time it throws up errors. :)
    Pranob Mukharjee likes this.
  8. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    The media player in linea plays songs repeatedly. How to remove the "play again" mode. Also want to know about browsing music through albums or folders.
    Trying to avoid reading manual. Please help
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    It's always safer to insert any electrical / electronics accessories before turning the switch ON, particularly USB pen-drive as it might get corrupted. Same holds true while removing - remove only after switching OFF the engine (not even ACC ON) & Music system (remember, removing it from PC and the procedures before "safe to remove USB" flashes on the screen? :) )

In Steering mounted control, select Blue&Me, go to settings, turn of "Loop" & "Shuffle"

You laziness of not reading the manual may not allow you to enjoy Linea thoroughly, she has so much to offer.
  10. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    @VahanPujari : Your statement made me read the manual. I found out many new things. Thanks bro.

I have learnt how to operate her better.
    VahanPujari likes this.