1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Plasma or LCD or LED-LCD TV?

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ramjn, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    naveen
    Finally,i have ended up with Samsung 43 Plasma 3D tv once again...... i would say if you are fan of plasma then go for it i bought it @ 40K INR.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Ganges,

You did not buy LG plasma? I'm new to this LED,PLASMA thing and haven't made up my mind yet :D
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Naveen, it is better to stay away from Ebay for this high value purchase. This huge difference itself is very fishy. Remember that you are going to buy from an unknown seller and you may end up getting an used item as well. Stay away from EBAY. Stick with flipkart.
    2 people like this.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'd say dont buy it even from flipkart..
    Its always better (in india at least) to go and do an in store pick up..

The reasons are many.
    1.) High value item
    2.) you can check everything before buying.
    3.) you can bargain for discounts (usually you can reduce anywhere from 5-9k on the quoted price)
    1 person likes this.
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks Ramjn and black, i was just wondering how they can give for such a low price.

tasting the Italian delight!
  6. Difference is due to Seller warranty vs manufacturer warrenty, these people either get it from places like Honkong/Dubai/Singapore and sell it here.Ebay has a protection mechanism if you can find out the issue once the product is delivered but later it may take more time.
    I have been buying from Ebay quite some time,I look for how many items sold by the seller and satisfaction numbers.I had defective phone delivered once(it was box pack) , i just returned it with 3 days I got different piece + the shipping charges dually returned.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ebay's protection mechanism sucks. At least in India. I had very bad experience while purchasing Samsung S2. Neither the seller nor Ebay were ready to help me. Ebay India always inclined towards the seller. You will have great experience with Ebay until there is no dispute.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nopes mate,i didnt liked the LG Plasma,it was missing the tru black when compared with Samsung plasma.
    the main reason to hunt was my defective samsung plasma within warranty period.The defective was the plasma panel for which the model was not available and hence the panel,so they refunded me total invoice money(till that time i have used the tv for 9 months :D ) i.e 44K INR.
    My hunt started again for 43" plasma,final price for the samsung plasma new model(3D TV + Wifi ready ) was 40K INR against 44K INR of show room price. i was in profit with samsung:-
    1. they refunded me all amount after using the tv for 9 months.
    2. For the old tv the free offer was 3D goggles(worth 2500 INR ),that is now with me only :D
    3. Got same features new TV @40K INR. ;) with 19 movies od DVD as free offer also with 2 3D goggles in the box(now overall 4 3D goggles in my store worth near about 10K INR).

P.S:- Opt for showrooms.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Best Plasmas are from panasonic.
    and as for LG plasmas i think their 3D comes only in passive (not much involving)....

Besides the point , Plasmas are almost going to be history by this year end..
    Although we might not see it in india there are 4K displays already making waves in the CES and due to roll out on the western shores in the first half of '13 .

For now I feel Sony LEDs and Panasonic LEDs are leaps ahead of the rest.
    Black levels in Panasonic are superb... LG is not that great at all and Sony has good black levels ...
  10. Even in LED, Edge LED will not match full edge+ center backlighted LED/CFL.