1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Plasma or LCD or LED-LCD TV?

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ramjn, Oct 27, 2011.

1. From brand wise I would suggest go for Samsung. Samsung and Sony both use same LCD panel. Picture quality and features are amazing with Samsung. I have 46C550 for more than a year now. I can play all video's via USB (mkv, avi etc.). If Samsung then try to get it from Samsung Plaza if you have one near you. From my experience, I got the best deal at Samsung plaza. The quoted price was 92K. Chroma offered ~84K while Vijay Sales 89K. I got it for 78.5K from Samsung plaza.
    From what I read during my research, Plasma definitely has better contrast ratio as compared to LCD however energy consumption is more. Plasma is suited for TV's for more than 50 inch size. Read about burn-in for plasma TV's. I think it may not be issue for the newer plasma but good to be aware of.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yesterday,I bought an 19 inch Toshiba LED for Rs.8,950 from Vasanth&co for use in workplace.Yet to install,but looks good and I do feel that it's VFM
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Flipkart have increased the price of this TV to Rs 56,610 dropping the free subscription to seventymm.com worth Rs 1,714.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Friends,
    i'm having Samsung Series 4 Plasma TV and at the ssame time also bought samsung smart(internet connectivity) blu ray player...
    due to budget problem i have not opted for Smart Plasma TV hence got the same in blu ray player...
    i have now installed Wireless at home and may be soon i will be browsing internet(movies,videos etc etc) through my blu ray player...
    i'm looking for wireless adapter for the samsung in the market as mentioned in the manuals.
    has anyone started browsing internet through there tv either samsung or any other brand ? how is the experience ?
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    About the 19 inch Toshiba LED TV I had purchased,at the sales centre the picture was excellent but when I had installed at my place,I could hardly see any picture.The reason-Viewing angle,I view from an angle of about 30 Degrees from below and Flat pannels have restrictions,which I completely forgot when I bought the TV.The result-TV is back in the pack and am back to CRT,which can be viewed from any angle!
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    bala
    what do you mean by Flat pannel ?
    eventhough its LED tv it used LCD pannel,correct me if i'm wrong
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Isn't there any wall mount available in the market that allows us to tilt the flat panel TV a bit downwards?

e.g. In THIS link, there are many wall mounts that allow us to tilt the TV from +15 degree (above or upward tilt) to -15 degree (downward tilt).

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-37iqacnKbxT/g_33900/TV-Wall-Mounts.html
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    :eek:
    What else can i say????
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    @pasddleshifter,excellent and extra ordinary link and info,Thank you,that should help and solve the problem,now I will have to look out for tiltable wallmounts in Indian shops.You are really well informed.I shall post in the thread after finding a wall mount that can be tilted.
    Yes,pramod,that's very true and should be seen to be believed.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have anyone started browsing internet through their TV sets, i'm looking for wireless adapter for samsung through which i can connect to my home wireless network.
    Anyone using this wireless adapter on blu ray player or tv sets ?