1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Plasma or LCD or LED-LCD TV?

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ramjn, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Yes, flipkart offering good prices, you will not find on stores, thats the power of Internet stores, less overhead, sell in bulk.

Even letsbuy.com also offering lower prices, further coupon code offering around 10% discount.

So take the reference price of flipkart or letsbuy and negotiate the price from local dealer / store. :) you know how much they can offer.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am seeing lots of Plasma recommendations including from my friend.
    Let me visit some of the dealerships in Chennai and feel it myself about the picture quality. Heard that the Panasonic showroom in T.Nagar in Chennai is good and they explain things technically too. This is something rare in a dealership. I will make a visit soon.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    but plasmas are better viewed in dark than bright light. during day time with lots of light entering your hall it becomes a spoilsport for plasma. LED doesnt face such issues.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Quite agree with that, You can always put up curtains etc whilst watching movies etc. For the normal Indian soaps it shouldn't be a problem :p

I watched Transformers yesterday at my friends place on Samsung 7 series LED TV. I felt the scenes didn't feel like a movie but felt more like a high definition Drama if you know what you mean. I'm feeling that Plasma is reproducing it more normally than the fuzzy logic whatever LED TV applies to make it look beautiful. Any thoughts folks?
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    No Teky,actually in my LG LED TV the colour looks more natural and vibrant(it's all in the settings,you have to jack up the contrast to even 75 plus,to get the desired result,so may be his TV was not aptly set).The picture doesn't look like a TV relay at all,it looks very natural and even without 3D,I can feel the depth of the picture.In contrast,in Plasma,the picture is very jaded and sort of,washed out,very pale and anaemic.
  6. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Yes, Go for LED TV, it's the latest technology. Most important is with Plasma TV the electricity bill will be on higher side. I have feb-2010 Samsung LCD TV. No issues so far. :)
    Do remember to negotiate a lot. The guy initially quoted me 52K as final price but gave me for 46K in the end.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Just a few minutes back, I ordered online for Samsung 40" LED TV UA40D5000PRMXL with flipkart.com costing Rs 55,040 with a free 3 months Seventymm movie subscription.

Yesterday, I visited Reliance Digital at Mantri Square mall and had a dekho of all the Plasma/LCD/LED TVs coming within my budget. I had earlier taken quotes from Jyothi's and Girias. Flipkart's price was the lowest and unbeatable. Now, the ball, oops, TV is in flipkart's court!:)
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have you checked LetsBuy also J Ravi sir? Lets buy offers Reliance Digital TV with all flat screen TVs. And sometimes they offer lower price for certain models. As a rule, always check both Letsbuy and Flipkart before clicking.
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes, I did. The price is lower by Rs 300 with free offer you mentioned. But, flipkart has their own efficient and reliable delivery system from their Bangalore warehouse and don't depend on outside courier, which I prefer for big gadgets like TV. I have purchased smaller gadgets from letsbuy.com at a lower price than flipkart.
  10. Yes, Flipkart offers lower prices than showrooms (reliance etc) but every where you can found TV market shops, they are offering lower than Flipkart.

Recently I bought 32" LED from shop, the price 1200/- lower than flipkart, because they bought in bulk scheme and distribute to small shopkeeper.

Even one LCD model quoted around 3K lower than flipkart.

But for mobiles & small gadgets, I always prefer to buy from Flipkart or Letsbuy with coupon code.

Books you can search BookAdda.com - Buy Books Online (India) | Computer Books,Business Books,College Books