1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to switch to dzire

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by anish_707, May 9, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Anish dont go to the FIAT Exchange offer, you will get very very bad deal. I went to Pandit Auto, Pune for valuation of my 1.2 Punto Emtion, they were quoting me 2.75lac for my 6 month old Punto. I will suggest you to search a end customer directly. Dont even go to the used car dealer. You will not get good price for you LINEA Petrol if you go to the dealer.

Kailashnj is selling his Punto 1.3 EP @ 5.5 lacs if you are interested you can contact him.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    if dzire thing came for maruthi bling then ,
    one thing must be understood about false concept prevailing in india that maruthi cars are most reliable car in the universe .

it holds true to an extend for maruthi alto and m800 exceptionally due to frugal design and basic built . maruthi is presently enjoying the benefits of success for these mini cars in yesteryear .same holds true for hyundai with santro . both hyundai and maruthi entered into bloodstream of indian junta with super miniature model cars .
    but when it comes to bigger cars there is nothing different except service support . rather Hyundai has proven to be worse than Fiat and maruthi is just better but not much .

i dont have anything to appreciate about maruthi other than what they are depending on is ultimate hype .i got friends who owns maruthi cars from zen to sx4 and grand vitara and it is very much amusing that most of them are satisfied only to an extend that they own a medium of conveyance . when they come and enjoy a ride in my punto then they have lot more to say about how much difference it makes. though they don't have guts to go for fiat due to resale value thoughts and et al.

there is nothing wrong in owning a fiat car presently in india , reason for dismal sales in india is due to fact that there are no models neither in upper end nor in lower end to cater indian mass so nobody talks about it. which is obviously due to fiat being newly established and battling against huge competitors .

no other car can give same comfort ,safety,quality and built like fiat cars in same segment.

if one prefer a diesal car against petrol linea only due to fuel price then i would suggest go for second hand linea mjd i have seen many people selling off their rides to grab a linea t-jet .

if fuel consumption is the concern then do remember dzire is fgt and linea is vgt . vgt is far more fuel efficient than fgt under any specs.
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  3. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    If your running has increased a lot only then think of shifting to diesel power, Think twice, calculate your loss even more times, before taking such step.

And If you are hell-bent on change, go for better product. Manza is way better than Dzire (read Swift with boot). I shifted my purchase decision from Dzire to Manza and then to Linea.

Whatever car you buy after Fiat, you'll miss the features of Fiat.

Good luck for the decision.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Maruti served legal notice as airbags in Dzire fail to function

Anish here is news for you.

Maruti Suzuki India Ltd., the largest car maker in the country, has been asked through a legal notice to explain why the safety airbags of a Swift Dzire model failed to open during a specific accident.

The notice has been served to the company by an officer of the Indian army, Major Rahul Soni, whose Maruti Swift Dzire met with an accident on Dec 8th, 2010. The airbags of the top end Dzire model of Major Rahul, which were supposed to open and prevent injuries, failed to function.

According to Soni, none of the two airbags of the car opened during an accident, leaving two people inside the car seriously injured. The accident took place at the National Highway 8, near Himmat Nagar, while they were heading towards Rajasthan.

While responding to queries from IANS via an e-mail, Maruti spokesperson said, "The company has already responded to the customer reiterating under what conditions the SRS airbags will not deploy." He added that "It seems that in this case, the accident occurred in such conditions where the SRS airbags would not deploy."

The company added that these conditions were clearly mentioned in the owner’s manual and it has clarified its standpoint in a response dated 5th April to customer.

Source: http://www.cartradeindia.com/car-bi...airbags-in-dzire-fail-to-function-113821.html
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    it seems we need to read manuals before committing to an accidents .

such ridiculous diplomatic comments are common.

anyways nobody is going to give an ear to such incidents because it is maruthi rather sales numbers will succeed previous figures. "IT HAPPENS ONLY IN INDIA"
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Any manufacturer including Fiat would give the same statement, However I agree that the backlash is expected to be very less when it's Maruti. Having said that there are enough Dezire's on the road and one faulty case doesn't prove it's got a faulty design. Airbags are again safety devices which are triggered by electronic crash sensors, So if the impact wasn't as anticipated the airbags wouldn't deploy.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Guys, where is the thread headed to?

Lets just stick to helping Anish make the right decision.

8. I was thinking to exchange my 1.2 with diesel. Once after little math, i realised that, if cost of new car is 500000, i need to drive more than 100000 km to cover up the loss. I dropped that idea.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Anish, where are you dude, what happened??.
    See the Fiatians are so much worried for you to take the right decission, Because we dont want any of our dear one to fall in the Pith and repenting.
    The choice is yours buddy, But keep us posted the decision you have taken,
  10. anish_707

thanks to all for the overwhelming replies
    bargain hunting has begun for my car....latest quote is 4.70 lacs.
    now some has suggested me accent/aveo cng.running cost will be 2rs/km instead of my 6rs/km.pretty impressive huh !!!
    i bought linea for 6.44lacs(active),the price quoted doesnt seem to be a big loss...suppose i drive the car for 50k kms ,then on cng the cost would be 1lac worth of gas,but on petrol it will 3lac worth of petrol.
    seeing the savings i am compelled to get a cng powered car.
    now i am left with 2 options,
    either convert linea to cng(sequential kit )
    or switch to any of the above said cars