1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to switch to dzire

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by anish_707, May 9, 2011.

1. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    HI,
    mine is linea petrol active,planning to switch.dealer quoted me rate of 4.5 lacs.model is 2009 march.
    is it worth it?
    what shud be the rate
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can you let us know the reasons for the switch?

And whether you're opting for the swift-with-boot diesel or petrol?

Gurjinder.
  3. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    running cost is high...tried to switch to cng ,no luck there...after incurring loss in aftersale..cant upgrade,only downgrade option there...planning dzire vdi
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Punto MJD ( 75 or 90 bhp) would be a far better option than a car which is neither a hatchback nor a sedan.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i cant believe it ..from linea to dzire... it feels like ferrari to bailgadi ....downgrade ...!!!
  6. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Really sad abt it....but i believe you must have really compelling reasons for this.

+1 to gurjinder. think abt punto 75/90bhp.
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Anish, I am surprised yaar, Linea to Swift + boot,
    What happened, sure the reason you are giving is not valid, Once Fiat then there is no way to change the beauty.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    You also need to think about the loss you're going to incur whilst selling this car before investing your car. That difference would be enough for you to keep the Petrol car running. I was calculating the additional expense for running a petrol for about 1500 Km's and it was meager. You feel the pinch everyday when you fill up at the petrol station whilst the diesel owner's have shelled out enough at the factory prices itself. So do your maths properly before even selling any car, You also need to consider the interest you have paid so far and still would be paying.

All said and done if you still want to buy Dezire by selling the Linea, Please go ahead and have the mental satisfaction at least. But do test drive the cars and you'll sure feel it difficult. Good luck!
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Anish I am also selling my 1.2 Punto Emotion due to running cost. I am switching to a diesel car. I took a test drive of Ford Fiesta, Hyudai i20, Tata Manza, Mahindra Verito & even considered the Swift Dzire zdi also. But when you calculate the service intervals for above mentioned cars then you will realise that these cars have serivce intervals at 5000k-10000k. What does this means? A diesel car which has high running is equal to more servicing which is again equal to high maintanance cost.

One more thing is that Maruti is going to launch a new Dzire which will below 4 meters in length & which will be cheaper than current Dzire. Also it will have all new design & it will be based on new Swift. For more information have a look of Autocar Mazgazine May edition. You get an IDEA.

If you take FIAT Punto MJD instead of **** Dzire then you will enjoy a lot & after all that car also has the same FIAT engine then why Maruti if you have FIAT there.

The service interval is one part to choose FIAT there are so many facts to buy FIAT not only Service Interval. TFI members will mention them here after.

BTW I am switching from Punto 1.2 Emotion to Punto MJD Emotion Pack or if possible 90HP MJet. :)
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @Anish : I don't think one can save anything, if one sell a petrol and buy a diesel only because of runnning cost. Moreover the price of second hand Maruti is very high and you still loose more. Selling price of Punto will be less and more losses. So few other options are

1. Go for Fiat Exchange offer
    2. Go for second hand Fiat diesel(Punto/Linea). Dezire has a boot. Punto has more sedan like drive than Dezire.Even one can explore the possibility of getting one from TFI members

I stiil see old Palio and Uno on road but now days there is no Zen D or Esteem D. Fiat cars are future safe models.