1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to sale of my punto and upgrade to bigger and more beautiful Linea

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by shashanknathani, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Arnab he will buying Linea :) check the first post.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    1st preference - to sell it in Hyderabad. But for that you need to send the car from Pune to Hyderabad. How much is the transportation cost from Pune to Hyderabad or will you drive down?
    If transportation cost is say 15K and regn transfer cost is 20-22K, then may be you can think of selling it in Pune
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No Kedar. He was asking N.Kiran :). He is also planning to sell his Punto MJD.
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I am planning to upgrade.. Although it still gives me that same goosebumps when i am on highway and touching 160kmph but the time has come for an upgrade.... About the Upgrade all depends on how i get the deal for this one..

A fight is going on between my heart and mind... Heart says Linea Hip Hop Black (mostly Dynamic but might go for Emotion) but mind says Duster in Black or Rapid in Black...

As all are saying FIAT's don't give much resale and if i did not get a good one then probably i will listen to My mind... All the while it was my heart which was dominating enough in decision making... Let's see.

---------- Post added October 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was October 24, 2012 at 11:46 PM ----------

VP: I am presently exploring options in Pune.. If i don't find any option then i will be driving it to Hyderabad and keeping it at my frnd's place but that is the last option. I am trying to be a lot patient here to get a better price. I will be searching for an enthusiast who has less driving and will be happy with Petrol as my car is loaded will all accessories.
  5. Its true Fiat has less resale value,but neither does Renault have good resale...The future of Fiat looks very very promising,fingers crossed...The resale of petrol cars are bad overall,but still at the end of the day its your decision and requirement which matters the most..
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Regardless of what brand it is, Petrols have less resale value now. Also, you have to wait a while to sell the car to a real enthusiast so that you don't lose much.

Do get to know that I also upgraded from Punto to Linea. I got very decent price for the Punto. :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    This is final that my next ride will be a diesel one... Mostly a Linea but i know i have to win many hearts to buy linea (it tough to convince parents about again FIAT)
    1 person likes this.
  8. I can co-relate with your situation,my father didnt want me to for Fiat again(though he loved Punto),he didnt want to live with the probs...But no other car would have made me happier,it really has got a heart...
    1 person likes this.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Thats the saddest part. I had a discussion with the General Manager of Fiat Exclusive Dealership here in Hyderabad and he agreed too that resale value is not the strong point of Fiat. He however assured me that they are looking into the matter and trying to increase the buy back rate for Fiat cars. Later I was informed that the best offer I might get is 4.5 Lakhs which I was quite happy with.

I was about to exchange my Punto for a Bronzo Scurro T-jet+ which was on display. I was so smitten by it that I literally had sleepless nights and the dealer did offer me a great deal apart from the on going offer from Fiat. Unfortunately for me this time my heart din't rule over my mind. With a commute of almost 60km per day with petrol prices going haywire every month and uncertainity of being in India broke the deal. If not for the deal I would never imagine parting with my car which was hardly driven for an year. I also promised my wife before buying Punto, that we wouldn't sell this car for atleast 5yrs unlike our Alto. But you never know, I have plans of relocating for a long term and if I do then I might have to sell my beloved.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It makes sense to wait for some time. Tell dealers that you plan to exchange your petrol for a diesel, if you get a decent price. And then do test drives from each dealer. That keeps you in their contact list as a potential customer.
    As the last resort, post on Carwale. Out of 10 responses you may get, 2-3 may be genuine buyers who are ready to meet your expectation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.