1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to sale of my punto and upgrade to bigger and more beautiful Linea

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by shashanknathani, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Hi Friends,

I have been driving the beauty for last three years and enjoying it to the fullest. Now the time has come for me to upgrade to the Bigger version.. Linea 1.3 MJD.

I am looking out for the expected price of the My Punto 1.2, the car details are below:
    1. It is a Medium Grey Active model registered in Hyderabad
    2. The car has completed 50K in 3 years and is roaring for more.
    3. The service history is maintained very well and the Elastic pads were changed 5K back (along with 4th Service).
    4. Other points:
    a. FIAT OEM Head Unit with silver center console (exactly as Emotion).
    b. FIAT OEM Alloys with Yokohama C Drives (195/60 R15). The spare wheel is also an Alloy with same tire.
    c. Front Bumper grills are painted in silver (exactly as Emotion).
    d. OEM Front fog lamps
    e. OEM Floor Mats, ashtray, lighter and mudflaps.
    f. OVRM are painted in body color.
    g. OEM Spoiler painted in Body Color.
    h. Linea OEM Armrest with vent.
    5. The current price for Active model in Hyderabad is 499,459 (ex-showroom) and with 12% road tax a new one would not cost anything below 5.6L on road.
    6. I am presently residing in Pune. Is it advisable to sell it in Hyderabad or get it transferred to Pune and then sell it. Transferring would put a dent of around 20-25K on my pocket and will it be a wise idea to put such amount?

I am expecting the price to be around 3Lacs. What are your suggestions on price? IMG00106-20111207-1357.jpg IMG00159-20111209-0503.jpg
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It will be wise to sell your car in Hyderabad itself. Don't transfer it now. Be patient and try to sell to an enthusiast. You will definitely get a fair price. :)
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think you are expecting too much for petrol Punto which has mileage of 50k and 3 years old.

I sold my Punto 1.2 Emotion which was 7 months old and 14000km on odo for 3.9 lakh.

I will suggest you to be patient and sell this car to enthusiast only.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Congratulations Shashank !!!!! IMO 3 Lakhs asking price is pretty decent. I would say 3.5 should be a very good price, if I may. You should be getting nothing less than 3 Lakhs for sure, if not wait until you come across a decent deal. I suppose you should have already approached a Fiat dealer for a quotation. If they offer you 3 Lakhs also, then you will be getting an additional amount as exchange bonus. And you will not have to go through many hassles.
    Good Luck !!!! Meet you at Ranjangaon ;)
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Thanks Kiran... Waiting to meet you after a long time...

I am not even going to give my Italian Girlfriend to an "India comes home in Maruti". It will be going to a FIAT enthusiast only.

I went to FIAT Service center in Pune but found out that FIAT has not even figured out about the exchange scheme for FIAT service centers. They don't even have software (siebel) to manage inventory. They are managing with plain vanilla excel sheets. This is not the way FIAT should go ahead with it's dedicated dealership.
  6. For my 1.2 Active,2009 model with approx 15k on the odo,i exchanged it and got only 1.55L 15k
    Honestly,i was surprised as there was absolutely no takers,so had to sell it at that price...There was no point in waiting..Maybe this is the case in WB,as people are very much scared of owning a Fiat,,

So i think you should expect something between 2.3 to 2.5,as this is a more realistic figure.Btw,hope you get a very good deal.best of luck.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It's not the case only in WB, it's an universal, no, Indian phenomena. :)

I agree here. You should be happy to get 2.5.
    On a side note, I sold my 4 year old Hyundai Getz 1.3 GLE with alloys for 2.6L which had 38,000 kms on the Odo.
    1 person likes this.
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    What??? I got close to 2.5 Lakhs for my 2.3 yr old Alto with 18k on the ODO and I thought it was less cause when I went to a Maruti True Value I was shown an Alto with 28k on ODO and the price was 2.8 Lakhs. My 1.5 yr Punto MJD Active was quoted for 4 Lakhs and after negotiating the dealer agreed for 4.5 Lakhs. May be the price was higher because it was a Diesel. But 1.55 and 2.5 for a 3yr old car is just indigestable.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Getz is one unsucessful car (strangely and rarely a decent product from Hyundai) from Hyundai and do not have much of resale value. Now, the 83hp 1.3 Getz is available in the market at a throwaway prices. Punto 1.2 is definitely a good car than Getz, but going by the market demand, I don't see it going for more than 2.5L for a 3 year and 50k run car.
  10. Every tom,dick,and harry wants a Maruti(even there is demand for omni,still now),but Fiat only relies on Fiat lovers...And it seems in WB there are very few who buys a Fiat,and this number keeps on decreasing...So when a Fiat comes in used car market,it is left unsold for long period,even people give prefernce to old Amby,tuk-tuk(auto rickshaw),but not a Fiat..
    Btw,you selling your Punto???any surprises??
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.