1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to move?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ankita9030, Jul 15, 2014.

1. ankita9030

ankita9030 Timido

Removal is very tedious task for everyone. But if you planning do it by professional manner then it will become enjoyable movement for you. According to my point of view if you hire any expert for this task then they will do it easily and smoothly. As they have a great experience in moving field, we can get safe and secure move by hiring them for our relocation.

Share your valuable opinions here..!
  2. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    I had a very bad experience with this professional movers.

Two years back, we were relocating with in Chennai and I have entrusted a professional packers to do a neat job. It was not at all enjoyable as they didn't adhere to any of the promises that they made during the pre-booking discussion.

Decided Start time was 5.00 AM in the morning (this was suggested by the sales person himself)----- and they reached our home by 11.30 AM and that too after a hell lot of calls, confusion, escalation and lot of agony...:firey

They promised to cover (using some special packing cases) all our furniture ------ They didn't do that and the vehicle was open with out roof. The worst part is that they charged me extra when their vehicle was caught by the COPS on charges of uncovered traffic. :eek:

They promised a clean packing and unpacking -------- Just the opposite; our bed, Sofas etc were all full of dust and foreign particles after reaching the new home. :confused: my wife was yelling at me.......

They promised a careful handling of fragile items --------- By the way that they were handling things; I have decided to carry my new LED TV in my car :eek:

All their staff were looking very so untidy/unclean as if they didn't take a shower in months.

At least for us it was a very traumatic experience and will think thrice before doing it again :D
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I availed the service of 'Chennai packers and movers' in 2005 to move within Chennai. Had very bad experience. I realized that many things were missing after the shift. Since then, I am doing it on my own. I hire a mini truck, hire 4 men for half day and shift.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Best advise for people on the move or want to move is to buy corrugated boxes of size 24 x 18 x 17" about 24 nos. Pack every thing possible into them, and as Ramesh suggested hire a couple of men and a TATA 407. The van driver himself will bring the two helpers. The big items anyway cant be packed. When you reach the new place unpack the boxes and flatten them and store it in the loft This is what I did when I moved.

4 people like this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Perfect advice Abdul. Even I did the same except that I rented the boxes from a raddiwala and gave it back to him after the job. The rent was in peanuts but the satisfaction of everything inside the box safe was the biggest plus.
    But this relocation was within the city. If relocating is between cities, then a professional but reliable packers and movers will be needed.
  6. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

I suggest you all 'Agarwal movers & packers'. They are highly professional. Had availed their services more than 2 times in Chennai & Kerala.
  7. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Recently one my friend availed "Agarwal movers & packers" services to shift from Chennai to Trivandrum. They are the best of the lot still my friend had many issues. The guy who come to his home promised him many things which the customer care executive was not aware of, I would say some communication gap was there. Apart from that everything else was good. He really praised the way they pack things and there was no damage that he complained about.
    The next bigger headache was tips, the guys who came home for packing were demanding tips which is really bad. So when we engage Agarwal movers & packers please talk about all these things before confirming.
  8. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Yes Arun.. Their packing is really good :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk