1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to go Ganpatipule on May End !!! Need Help in route and mtdc booking

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by AbiS, May 15, 2011.

1. AbiS

AbiS Timido

Hi Friends,

I am planning to go to Ganpatipule in may end. Dates are from 29th May to 31st May. The route I have found out are:

Pune -> Satara -> Umbraj-> Patan -> KoynaNagar-> Chiplun -> Ganpati Pule

Pune -> Satara -> Umbraj-> Karad -> Malkapur> Amba Ghat -> Ganpati Pule

But I am not sure how to go from Karad to Malkapur ? via Kolhapur or Is there a SH /internal road... How is the road condition ? How many ghats will be there in both the routes and of how far ? What is the difficulty levels of the ghat and how is the road condition in the ghat roads ?

Another query is, I have tried to book mtdc resort but no AC rooms/cottages available. Non AC rooms and cottages are available. Has anyone travelled during summer ? How is the weather there... Can anyone please tell me about the mtdc delux room , cottages and konkani huts. Which one has a better sea view and worth to stay...

Thanks in Advance !
  2. Abis, wishing you all the Best and enjoy your holiday.
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Dont take a room without AC.. Its pretty humid and you will feel the heat in May...
    Also there are many good resorts and hotels in Ganpatipule.. A small search on google will help

Also check out this site: http://www.nivalink.com/
    You can find a lot of resorts listed here....

Road quality in Konkan is pretty patchy... so be prepared for stretches with pretty screwed up roads... Drive carefully to avoid scraping ....