1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to do Bombay-Bangalore-Coimbatore-Bandipur-Bangalore-Bombay trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ram2704, Dec 4, 2011.

1. ram2704

ram2704

Pune
    hi friends,

it's been a year and 37k kms on my 1.3 90HP GP and it's rocking as he machine... I am planning to do a Bombay-Bangalore-Coimbatore-Bandipur-Bangalore-Bombay trip starting from 18th of this month.

i need your help to know the feasibility of the same and any suggestions about this trip are welcome.

i am pretty much excited about this trip....

also, is there an option of fitting a roof carrier on the Punto?

Is it advisable to do a service check before i embark on this journey? the last service was done at 30K kms in Sept.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Not necessary. Please check all the oil/fluid levels like engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, power steering oil, etc., and carry spare engine oil/coolant/windshield cleaning fluid. You can get your Punto serviced after your returning from the trip.

3. How did your trip go ? I am too planning a trip Pune-Bangalore-Coimbatore-Bangalore-Pune. Which road did you choose and how was the experience ???
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One staright highway from Mumbai to bangalore(NH-4),you not even require a GPS.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Avoid roof carriers. They are unscientific and only for TATA taxis. If we remove the parcel tray one can generate more space.
  6. Seems legit way to go to Bangalore. Made a small Google search and found I will have to take another highway from BGLR to Coimbatore. Bdw Ganges, I am planning this trip in period of Diwali to hometown in my Punto. I will be driving and my cousin with me who is amateur. How can I break the journey is splits so that my entire journey from Pune to coimbatore will be a pleasant one. I will take my mom too with me, so I will be needing comfort and safety all the way.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Sunderji, for comfortable long drive:- here are some tips in Daytime drive.

1. Drive non-stop 2-2.5 hr, take a brake of 15 minutes, stand your car side of the road, and let others be little free and get outside.
    2. Plan your trip with stop point at every 2.5 hrs for drinking water, tea, snacks etc. for Lunch take min 1 hr time, don't drive immediately after heavy lunch.
    3. try to get 70-80 KMPH speed in Very good Highway like NH4 ( velocity 110-120 Max).
    4. Try to get a tubeless puncture kit with You.
    4. Check the tyre pressure & all fluid level.
    1 person likes this.
  9. The thread shared by you really gave an idea. Thanks for sharing mate.

IN the way from Bangalore to Coimbatore, I might be taking 2 stops. One is at Bangalore. Other is not confirmed. But I can drive at a stretch for 6 HRS which I did several times from Tenkasi to Coimbatore.
    1 person likes this.