1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to change the factory fit Music system

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by achebrol, May 28, 2011.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    For 1-din try JVC-KD90BT or 926BT, the latter being cheaper.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 11, 2014 ---
    Tushant there is a lot to be understood about your needs and I am afraid you need to be more clear about your needs or plans. Do you want component speaker or coaxials or combination of two, and what amp are you going for to drive those. You have 1500W RMS or PMPO subs..? Those will overpower like anything and will need to lower the gains just perfect for these size of woofers or power.
  2. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Does the after market music system like JVC or Pioneer switch on when the engine is off like the OEM system switches on? When I asked about this to the accessories guy he told this cannot be done with FIAT cars and to power on the music system you need switch on the engine. :(. Is there any way to overcome this?
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes you can overcome this, but it is not recommended, since it is a fail-safe system. Besides most systems including HL and headunits need to draw power from available current balanced via the alternator. Likewise the amps can also switch off when not in use. Some need a wire specifically while installation and others also have auto-shutoff after the audio signal stops for preset duration.
  4. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks @asimpleson. This is a big drawback as during signals in Bangalore traffic i do switch off the engine and start to listen to Radio with the OEM system but now if I move to aftermarket system it will not be possible anymore.
  5. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    I installed JVC unit 2yrs back, but I can listen to radio or any music just by switching On to idle mode not starting the engine... I did it from Reliance Auto Zone, they did it well ... Don't worry go to any third party installers and ask them to install without cutting any wire...
  6. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks @rahulvfx . One of the accessories guy mentioned that without cutting the wires from the fuse box they cannot power up the Pioneer system. Let me try in Reliance Auto zone
  7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It is possible to install after market system without touching the existing wiring.
    1. Buy an ISO adapter socket and match the pin connection using the radio specification.
    00045773abb.jpg
    2. Fuse tapping socket
    buss_fuse_tap.jpg

Get the 'ignition on' from any of the fuse holder using the tapping socket.