1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to change the factory fit Music system

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by achebrol, May 28, 2011.

1. achebrol

achebrol

Bangalore
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Azeet, welcome to TFI. :)
    Please check the ICE considerations thread. Are you planning to change speakers alone or planning to get amplifier and sub-woofer as well?
  3. achebrol

achebrol

Bangalore
    Hi,
    Thank You.Yes i am really excited to see so many fiat fans here.i,myself,started my journey with fiat palio in 2002 and last december upgraded to to Linea T-JET :)
    OK ,regarding the music system, i am just interested in changing the main music unit only and not speakers etc.Mainly want to have the GPS and reverse camera builtin and not quite happy with the navigation thru music files while using USB.
    I ,infact searched a lot for a suitable music system for Linea but couldn't find anything other than this one from china.
    Has anybody succeeded in changing the music system in Linea.what are the after effects other than Loosing Blue&Me
    Regards
    Azeet
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Achebrol: Glad that you brought this up here :)
    Infact even I am pondering on that, but some idiot is selling those units, he could not answer any technical queries :(
    There are fair good chances that blue and me might work if they could just ensure the right communications in ISO mini c2 pin.

Did you got hold of the unit?
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Azeet, if you change the "main music unit" or the Head Unit (HU), you loose Blue&Me, Steering mounted audio controls and you can only put a single DIN Head Unit and those single DIN units don't have built in GPS and reverse camera screen or anything.

Here are 3 types of HUs:

1. Single DIN HU
    Single DIN HU.jpg

2. Double DIN HU
    2-DIN.jpg

3. Single DIN HU with slide out screen. You press a button and the screen comes out.
    Single DIN with slide out Screen.jpg

If you want to change the HU and want to get something with reverse camera and GPS option, then try getting the third one.

Edit- I would rather stay away from that Chinese Unit, the link of which you posted. No comments on that box.

Edit-2: Viny- Just saw your post. Well those Chinese manufacturers make replica HUs for almost every car in the world. They look for shortcomings in the HU and come up with a better specced product. e.g. Polo Chinese HU with USB Port etc. :p
    But, I think quality wise they are not so good (One BHP member got this installed in his Polo).
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  6. the HU looks very nice.the site also has stock kinda HUs with DVD Video.great thing u found the site.
    also the HU in the link mentioned has got provision for connecting the steering controls.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Dear paddy, read this out

Note the buttons: SRC, MUTE, Phone up, Phone down (Similar to what we see on steering control, isnt)

And the company website url is : http://en.hualingan.com
    Sales Managers (Maggie, Lily, Crystal woah...) are morons.... :(
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Viny, yes I checked that out. (I had edited my last post twice to reply to your post and hope you have seen it).

I did not even bring this HU into consideration as I have read about quality issues with these replica HUs IIRC. Let me search for the thread on other forum.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

Well the word "Chinese" itself makes a common sense isnt it :p
    I have seen many SWIFTS/SX4 running on similar kind of systems or carputers :)

How i wish that all those manual controls where removed and entire panel was just a touch screen and the OS uses was Android :p
    I could have turned it into a car system from SCI FI movies :p
    1 person likes this.
  10. achebrol

achebrol

Bangalore
    Hi Paddleshifter,
    Yes,Single DIN with Slideout screen is another option but then i have to loose the Blue&Me.I see with chinese model, it looks like its compatible with steering mount controls etc and as its specifically amde for Linea,it fits perfectly.i think the color is still a problem because the TJET dash comes in Gold color.
    But you are right, after all its chinese and even i am not sure about the quality :(
    And thats why i am asking you experts :)
    And it looks amazing in this picture:)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014