1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to buy Punto Evo Dynamic 1.2 FIRE

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by SHAILENDRA S HIRLEKAR, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Prasad KVS

Prasad KVS Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi.. even I have a similar confusion. I have booked 1.2 fire petrol punto evo dynamic. When I checked with ramky Fiat service center in Chennai ., They said it would give 9-10 in city and 13-14 on highways. Bit set back and planning to move for a diesel engine. Can punto evo petrol owners confirm on the mileage. The drive and pickup are OK for my driving. I felt it was good. If this does not work out, I would go for VW polo petrol comfortline. This come.up with abs and airbags.
    Raaz likes this.
  2. DineshKumar

DineshKumar Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Mr.Prasad,

Punto evo dynamic power up model will give 14-15kmpl on city and around 18kmpl in highway. also kindly confirm which ramky fiat u have booked the car, weather valachery or kattupakkam branch.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2016
  3. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Punto's 1.2 are about to left the market soon or later. So, I advice you not to go for it.

Similarly, VW's Polo's petrol engines are 3 cylinder engines which are not recommended either.

So, If I may, I advice you to look at diesel version of Punto Evo, which now comes with pretty good package.
    Prasad KVS and PradeepM like this.
  4. SHAILENDRA S HIRLEKAR

SHAILENDRA S HIRLEKAR Timido

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi All,

I am surprised to see so many detailed responses. Thanks all for such a enthusiasm.
    Yes, For Punto Evo in petrol there is only one variant, 1.2 L in Dynamic 68PS.
    The looks and interior are really good and ofcourse the build quality.
    I might TD it this Saturday (there are 50% chances)
    Once it is fully loaded with people and luggage,
    1. Does it gives good pickup on highway,
    2. And also the millege...the reading of 14-15 KM/L still remains the same when its fully loaded?

Note: I will be driving it with my family most of the time, hence won't be exceeding the 80KM mark.

Regards
    Shailendra
  5. DineshKumar

DineshKumar Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Dear Mr.Raaz,

Even if punto evo 1.2 leave the market, the engine will be alive in punto pure and exterior parts will be in diesel variant. so there won't be any difficulty in buying spares.:p

Regards,

Dinesh Kumar. C
    prabhjot, GANESH H and rishike007 like this.
  6. GANESH H

GANESH H Amatore

Maharashtra
    Maharashtra
    Linea 1.3
    @SHAILENDRA S HIRLEKAR, I would say take a long test drive with four passengers and check if pick up is as per your expectations or not. Took the car on highway and see if the pick up of the car is sufficient as per your requirements and then decide. Please check 1.2 petrol Punto ownership threads of our forum members and decide.
  7. SHAILENDRA S HIRLEKAR

SHAILENDRA S HIRLEKAR Timido

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi,

Did a TD with 3 passengers onboard. Could not able to take it to highway, but tried it out on open road without any traffic.
    The pickup is really very good, the ride quality, breaking is smooth. I really love this car.
    We even tried to put her up on a slope, in first gear. And she was able to climb the slope effortlessly.
    I think I am going for it.
    Before that, can people tell me about the per year maintenance cost.
    I am consistently hearing that maintenance cost is high and goes somewhere between 7000 to 10000 per year.
    Is this true for Petrol Punto with 1.2L engine?

Regards
    Shailendra
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Shrey Mathur

Shrey Mathur Timido

Jaipur
    Punto Evo 1.3
    HELLO GUYS

wanted ur expert opinion I am planning to buy a brand new punto evo 1.3 active 76bhp which the dealer has though its 2015 make and he is offering me at a descent price with my old 2003 honda city exchange.

Car cost 2015 76bhp 7.27 lakhs
    Discount 45000
    Exchange bonus 10000
    Old car cost 130000
    What bothers me is that I knw dealers offers a great discount on older models and this is a 1 year old manufacturing.
    Is this dealer give a fair price???
  9. DineshKumar

DineshKumar Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Mr.Shailendra,

Usually Petrol Punto maintenance cost is same normal, same as maruti swift. Can you please tell me your estimated KM coverage for one year.
  10. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Shrey Mathur Seems a slightly higher price. Also be aware that the active version does not have airbags. I will not suggest you to buy a car without airbags at this point of time.

1. Airbags would probably become mandatory in new cars sooner rather than later so will diminish whatever value a Fiat provides.

2. Of course the safety aspect without airbags is always there.