1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to buy Punto Evo Dynamic 1.2 FIRE

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by SHAILENDRA S HIRLEKAR, Aug 30, 2016.

1. SHAILENDRA S HIRLEKAR

SHAILENDRA S HIRLEKAR Timido

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi,

I am planning to buy Punto Evo Dynamic 1.2 FIRE.
    This is my first car.
    I will be using car only on weekend for family trip (highway) and for city drive.
    No plan to use during week days.
    I have few questions.
    1. The engine power is 68PS, which feels less as compare to current offerings from other competitors (which is 84PS+)
    Does the engine power really matters for the kind of usage I have

2. The millege claimed is 15.8 KMPL. How much does it gives in city and high way

Could you please provide your valuable inputs on this.

Regards
    Shailendra
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The 1.2 has quite modest figures but the early torque ensures that you wont feel out of power within city. Highway overtakes would require some planning, but you can cruise at around 90-100 km/hr or even more. So if you are a sedate kind of driver, then it shouldnt pose any problem.

FE isnt 1.2's strong point, but it should return decent figures as its good on drivability. Fellow 1.2 users can pitch in.
  3. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @SHAILENDRA S HIRLEKAR My suggestion would be try out a vehicle for a slightly longer ride. If you find the car to your liking go ahead and buy one.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @SHAILENDRA S HIRLEKAR if you are planning to use the car only on weekends then go for 1.4 emotion if budget is not a constraint. However 1.2 Fire is fine for city & highway usages. I'm using 1.2 for almost 5 years now & didn't have any complaints with it.
  5. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Shailendra,

First of all, welcome to TFI :)

I drive a 1.2 and I wouldn't recommend buying it for highway drives. The 1.2 is ideal for the city and mileage (with AC all the time) should be around 10-11 kmpl. On the highway, the best I could extract was 16.4.

To me the +ves are:
    + A brilliant handler (so are all Puntos).
    + Large car feel (common Punto trait).
    + Low-end torque. It makes bumper to bumper driving quite easy.
    + A silent sweet-sounding engine.
    + Superb build (common Punto trait).

-ves are:
    - Mileage, that is if you are too concerned about fuel economy (who isn't btw).
    - Power. 67hp doesn't justify the sheer weight and handling dynamics of the car.
    - High cabin noise after 90-100 on the highway.
    - The stock tyres look too puny and you might want to upgrade later, which means spending more money.
    - Small niggles.

I can't deny it's still one of the best looking hatches in India. So if you have fallen for its looks, go for it. But buy a diesel.

Sadly, with Fiat there aren't too many options when it comes to petrol cars in India. So weigh your options well before you decide.

All the best :) And do ask if you have more questions.
    Turbothinghy, PradeepM and Raj_pol like this.
  6. DineshKumar

DineshKumar Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi Mr.Shail,

You can definitely buy punto evo dynamic. I own punto evo dynamic power up model. Now they have rectified the 1st gear and 2nd gear gear shift ratio issue. But the gear shift still has a little feel of rubbery. But compared to previous version the gear shift is far better. Since you have mentioned that you will be using the car for highway ride, the car has better dynamics. I am getting 14-15 in city and 18 in highway.
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Mate,

I have a different perception here, Off late we have more options (tune wise) available in petrol with FIAT, unlike the only available 1.3 MJD 93 HP and 75 HP (only in Linea Classic now).

@SHAILENDRA S HIRLEKAR

1.2 Fire - Is this still available for sale, or were you looking at a pre owned car.

Tune Options in Petrol

> 1.4 TJet

> 1.4 Tjet - 125 BHP

> 1.4 Tjet - 140 BHP

> 1.4 Tjet - 145 BHP (Abarth Spec)

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  8. DineshKumar

DineshKumar Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi Mr.Pradeep,
    1.2 Fire is available in punto evo dynamic model.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. GANESH H

GANESH H Amatore

Maharashtra
    Maharashtra
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat have discontinued Punto Evo active 1.2 from July and now 1.2 petrol engine is available on Punto Evo dynamic. Same engine is available on Punto Pure too.
    DineshKumar and PradeepM like this.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Further, 1.4 Tjet (112hp) is also discontinued.
    Linea comes only in 125 spec,
    Abarth only in 145 and avventura only in 140 guise.

There is no Emotion spec for punto petrol.
    Evo comes only in dynamic and Pure comes only in Active trim. Both 1.2
    To buy 1.4 one has to opt for Avvy.
    DineshKumar and PradeepM like this.