1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

planning to buy punto 2011 make? but afraid of rust?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by gagi_vid, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    besides certain cars manufactured in certain period there is no rust problem with fiat cars.
  2. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    My Linea is also 5 months old and I took delivery in rain. In hyd raining was till Nov'10. But still no trace of rust. I think it may be just 01 odd piece with aftermake scratch of screwdriver, that will yield a rust formation till delivery.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  3. gagi_vid

gagi_vid

Belgaum
    than x mates.... i was afraid, but not now... yuppie lol:drinks
    than x to every one here...
    and asked dealer, he replayed, sarr don you wry we are their with you trust me, it wont effect rust, or else you can do anti rust coating under 5 years warranty..
    took test drive of punto yesterday 90hp.. must say wow.. 8.20 lacks on road (Karnataka):shocked not under my budget..
    finally decided for 75hp emotion pack, it wil cost me 7.64 on road (Karnataka) with free insurance, 5years warranty + roadside assistance, freebies- mud flags, matting, air freshener, body cover & foam seats.. am booking a car after easter.. i will let you know guys.. am so tempted when my car get delivery after booking..

cheers greg..
    peace be with you all...
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Mine Punto has taken the Monsoon of Mumbai (2010) and there is no trace of Rust formation in the car, had done the 3M coating while taking the delivery in Dec 2009, and Coatiing to the Engine bay and underbody done during the 1st service.
  5. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Its Epk that matters, 75 to 90 probably won't make you happy everyday but features in Epk will bring smile to your face every time you get behind the wheels.
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @tony, as you mention above that you have done 3M teflon, so i would like to recall you that you must be having 2 more sittings of 3M. 1st 3M must be done at the time of delivery, then next sitting is after 6 months after the day 1st 3M coat is done & 3rd sitting is after 9 months after 1st 3M...your dealer must have given you the coupons, tell your dad to contact your dealer & set appointment if next 3M sittings are remaining

sorry for being:eek:fftopic

Mods Note - AVOID SMS LINGO. IT CAUSES INCONVENIENCE TO MEMBERS/ READERS.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If I was at your place I opted 90hp Punto. If you are spening more than 7.5 lacs then why not 50-60 thousands more. For that you will get Variable Turbo Charger & True enthusiast car. Anyways decision is upto you :).

Congratulation for new car. Which you selected? Go for Fox Traut Azure. It looks awsome on Punto.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thankyou Dear Tron, dad has done completed the cycle of 3M, when i was there in Dec2010, dad had showed me the coupon and the date to be taken for appointment before coming for coating, and i was following up with dad from Kuwait hahaha, when he did the 1 year service the SA recommended for Engine and under body coating so he did that also.
    Thank you again Dude,
    And also sorry for the Off Topic Answer.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    My Linea is 1.5yrs old..no rust problems as of yet..rust depends on conditions mabbe..extreme rust in punto might be an one off case...go ahead with ur purchase..punto is a gr8 car..
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    WOW. Have prices risen that much or are there some insane taxes there? :eek: We got our Linea MJD Emotion Pack for 8.77 on the road.

Gurjinder.