1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

planning to buy punto 2011 make? but afraid of rust?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by gagi_vid, Apr 13, 2011.

1. gagi_vid

gagi_vid

Belgaum
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    My car went through two monsoons, and I dont have any trace of rust on my car(Aug 2009). The only thing I did on my car was the underbody coating during the first free service and didn't do a teflon coating till date.
  3. arpenkar

arpenkar

Thane
    I guess since my Linea is all of 3 months old, I am not yet that qualified to comment on this, but the rust issue has been seen on some batches and a small percentage. There is no proof that every damn GP that Fiat sells will have this problem. So if you like the car and are ready to believe, take the plunge. Of course, dont be blinded by faith. Let common sense prevail and do a diligent PDI and be cautious with the vehicle. Inspect regularly and take good care.
    Else go buy a Honda/Toyota and sit and pray that your batch doesnt have a recall ;)
  4. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    +1 to arpenkar

My car is now 18 months old and have gone through 'Mumbai Monsoon' in 2010 which lasted for 5+ months. :D. So far I've not faced any problem with the rust.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    My Jet is 2 months old, I drove Palio for about 4 years, have not seen any type of rusting. Rust should not be a problem. If you are concerned about it, get it coated. I used palio without any type of coating for 36K KMS
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea is 18 months old. So far, so good. In fact, my Linea doesn't have any paint protection/anti-rust/underbody coating.
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My 20 month old GP have no sign of rust on any of the body panels. I have not done even a teflon coating and been through the 2 monsoon. Water wash weekly and wet wipe 2wise a week is something I do regularly.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    My Punto is 7 months old & I bought GP in last rainy season. I dont see any rust on my ride. Already gone through one monsoon.

I have done underbody tratment, color coating & the engine waxing.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    +1 from me this thread should not be in FIAT India thread. A request to mods please move this thread to appropriate section.
  10. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is no word as rust in fiat's dictonary. I live next to the sea and my fiats which i have been using from the past 11 years did not catch one spot of rust, unlike my scorpio and indica.