1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to buy punto 1.3MJD dynamic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by notty_r, Jan 28, 2013.

1. notty_r

notty_r

Noida
    HI Everybody,

I am planning to buy Punto 1.3MJD. I test drove Polo TDI, Figo diesel and Punto 1.3MJD. It really love the driveablity of punto. It is an amazing car.

I have one concern and need suggestions. My friend had palio and he had faced lots of issues with servicing and spare parts. Does users of punto still facing A.S.S. issues.

Rajesh
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rajesh, which city are you from?

On parts issue, be sure you will be in better position than VW and Ford, both on affordability and cost.
    Now a days, there is no spare parts issues. Servicing is debatable topic, some are pretty happy, some are satisfied and some are dis-satisfied.
    1 person likes this.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Welcome to TFI. There are many happy Punto owner in this forum and outside forum too. Agree that few people have faced hitches but things have under gone lot of changes since Palio days. Do let us know your location, so that you can get more precise answers for your queries/apprehensions.

PS: Oops! Ravi & me posted almost at the same time. Sorry for the repeat :D
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No Horror Stories .. Owning Punto is like owning World class Car at price of Maruti's....Very promising in terms of A.S.S Costs. There might be some problems ..All i can say Negligable .
    A.S.S is totally depending on Dealers. Palio era is gone ...I Advice to Go ahead with Punto Dyn...
  5. notty_r

notty_r

Noida
    Thanks every one for quick replies.

Ravi, I stay in NOIDA .. But I will be travelling to Himachal quite often.

I will be booking dynamic variant of Punto1.3 as Emotions is out of budget. I want to upgrade 165 / 80 R14 tyres of Punto Dynamic. I asked dealer if I can upgrade tyres and dealer is saying the upgrading tyres will lapse the warranty. I am not sure it is correct or not.
  6. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not really Punto Emotion comes with 195/60 R15.. As long you stick with these .. No issues of warranty..
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Theoretically yes, but everybody does it.
    You can easily upgrade to 185/70, on 14" rim.
  8. notty_r

notty_r

Noida
    Thanks Ravi,

Also Fiat Dealer is saying .. There is no need of gear lock in Punto and infact no possibility to add gear lock. I live in Noida(NCR) which is highly prone for crimes. what you guys suggest is it safe to have Punto without gear lock ?
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gear lock?? What is this?
    Which other cars comes with it?
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hyundai models have this option of gear lock fitted by the company no idea on after market gear locks..your car is well equipped with security features no need for this in punto