1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to buy Punto 1.3 MJD 2012 manufactured - by March 2013

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by tfiat, Jan 25, 2013.

1. tfiat

tfiat

Coimbatore
    Hi TFIans,

I am a Fiat enthusiast, planning to bring home Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion (2012 manufactured) by March 2013. I got the quotation from my nearest dealer, below is the offer details. Please kindly advise me should I go for this or still I can negotiate as the vehicle manufactured year is Sep 2012 or Oct 2012.
    OTR price: 8, 27,000.

Dealer Offers:
    Insurance 27000
    Cash discount: 7500
    Corp offer: 6000
    RSA 50 months
    Accessories: 4000

Dealer confirmed I will get On road price as: 7, 65,000 after all the offers.

Regards,
    Vel.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Great choice Vel.

As for the deal being offered by the dealer, i would certainly look at more cash discount than being currently offered. Negotiate on that aspect. Even though the car isn't that old, but it will carry the 2012 tag and that warrants depreciation. Also, what accessories are being offered for 4000?

And do ask around other dealers for what sort of deals they are giving on 2013 cars or 2012 ones if they have them in stock. Where are you located by the way.

Cheers.
  3. tfiat

tfiat

Coimbatore
    Hi Gurjinder,

Thanks Gurjinder for your valuable suggestions!
    By the way I am located at Coimbatore.
    I understand your inputs, 2012 tag. I have to check for the accessories what they are going to offer.
    Yes, I did check with other dealers nearby but their OTR prices were too high when compared to this.
    Salem Dealer OTR price and offers:
    FIAT PUNTO EMOTION 1.3 MULTIJET (2012 manufactured)
    EX-SHOWROOM PRICE ; 7,13,656
    INSURANCE (FREE)
    ROAD TAX ; 76,366
    --------------------------------------------------
    ON ROAD COST ; 7,90,022
    -------------------------------------------------

OFFER & BENEFIT
    -------------------------
    CASE DISACCOUNT :RS 2,000 (FREE)
    INSURANCE :RS 26,300 (FREE)
    RSA (WARRANTY) :RS 12,000 (5YEARS FREE)
    TEMPORARY :RS 5,000 (FREE)
    --------------------------
    TOTAL RS 45,300 (FREE)
    --------------------------

RDC Chennai OTR price and offers for (1.3 MJD E 2012 manufactured):
    OTR: 832460

Offers:
    Insurance: 27012
    Cash discount: 7500
    Warranty 80K or 2 years
    Car delivery from RDC Rs: 723423
    When I bring the car to home it will be 8 lakhs plus.

Regards,
    Vel.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    7,65,000.00 Is a gud price for the Italian....
    Just try to bargain more with ur bargaining skill and the Hard cash in hand, might end up more with some freebies.......

Remember to do the Detailed PDI
  5. tfiat

tfiat

Coimbatore
    Thanks Tony.
    As I am going to buy cash, shall try to negotiate and get some additional freebies.
    Regards,
    Vel.
  6. vaisakhdutt

vaisakhdutt

kerala

Friend

In trivandrum this kind of offer is not provided by the dealer . here on road price is 7.38 L . I m gong to buy fiat punto emotion . what are the accessories i can ask them ? . Till they says they can only give parking sensors , mud flap
    art leather seat cover . Can this kind of offer is worth while i paying 7.38L to dealer .
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  7. tfiat

tfiat

Coimbatore
    Hi vaisakhdutt,

On road price is 7.38 ONLY, is it year 2012 manufactured vehicle?

Ask for free mats, teflon coating, car cover and diesel coupon worth Rs 2000/-(as I have seen in this forum one of TFI member got this), you might get some these. It is worth paying 7.38L to dealer, you might have observed big difference in cost-wise from my quotation.

Drop a personal message to me with your phone number, want to discuss with you regarding quotation that you are getting.

Regards,
    tfiat.
  8. vaisakhdutt

vaisakhdutt

kerala

i was buying the car on canteen price .( Canteen price means if you are buying for a army men there will be reduce of 30-40k rs ) so on road will be 7.3 L (excluding extended warrrenty ) . Today they says they can give floor mats , art leather seat cover , reverse parking sensor , mud flap and the teflon coating . The vehicle is 2013 make . Is these are worth for that . 7.3L ? Plz reply
  9. tfiat

tfiat

Coimbatore
    vaisakhdutt,

Yes, certainly worth go and grab the machine that too it is 2013 manufactured. Check for door sill plates and diesel coupon as well. Excluding extended warranty, so you are planning to pay for that from your pocket? How much it is?

I think you can also enquire with Fiat exclusive show room (Hyson Motors) opened at Cochin. As of now you are checking with Kulathunkal Motors under Tata, better to check with Hyson. You can compare both the quotation and choose the best one with more offers.

Regards,
    tfiat.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    tfiat, you may need to bargain more. 7.65 for 2012 car in TN looks high to me. From the quote, I am not seeing any significant discount for the 2012 model. What they have quoted is the usual offer provided by Fiat through out the year. You should be able to get the same offer for 2013 vehicle too from Mar'2013. Anything more than 7.35 OTR in TN is high for a 2012 manufactured car.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013