1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to buy Fiat Linea Classic petrol 1.4, is it good decision?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by GANESH H, Sep 12, 2016.

1. GANESH H

GANESH H Amatore

Maharashtra
    Maharashtra
    Linea 1.3
    Hello all, I am planning to buy Fiat Linea classic petrol version car. According to Fiat dealer and Fiat india customer care department, Fiat have stopped the production of Linea Classic from March 2016. But car is still available for sale . Now the Linea classic petrol is very basic car without abs and airbags, central locking etc. I am looking for fellow members opinion on my decision as my budget for new car is 6.7L maximum. Is it wise decision to go for Linea classic petrol version. My usage will be 75 percent in city.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016 ---
    My main concern is that Linea Classic petrol doesn't come with abs and airbags and Linea 125s is out of budget. And I am interested in sedan car only. Is it wise to choose the car without airbags or should I go for Ford Figo Aspire petrol which comes with two airbags in basic version with 6.2 L in pune.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  2. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Your question has answer! Choose a car with ABS and Airbags. Period.
    You can also check Hyundai xcent at this budget.
  3. GANESH H

GANESH H Amatore

Maharashtra
    Maharashtra
    Linea 1.3
    @KPR , Actually I can't spend more than 6.7 L and right now I am using Safari storme. In this case I don't need another car at all but I like Linea thats why I am planning to buy that car to fulfill my wish. And I am not interested in any other brand's car at all.
  4. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I think you can get a decently managed second hand Tjet with your budget. So, you may please think about it.
    GANESH H likes this.
  5. GANESH H

GANESH H Amatore

Maharashtra
    Maharashtra
    Linea 1.3
    @Raaz, I was looking for Linea Tjet from last 1.5 years but I couldn't find. Linea 125s is out of budget and Linea classic production also stopped . In this case Linea classic will not be available for sale if current stocks would sold out in next 3-4 months. If I decide to wait for used Linea tjet and in case not found then I could miss the opportunity to buy new Linea classic. That's why I am in confusion, what to do.
    Raaz likes this.
  6. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @GANESH H, I could understand the situation. But, Fiat is notorious for not supporting for their previous generation cars. So, I would advise you to step back and wait for the good moment.

Lately, Petrol engine cars have good market in India. So, any car manufacture simply cant ignore that market. So, IMO, soon or later, Fiat may introduce all new petrol engine. Just my thought.
    GANESH H likes this.
  7. GANESH H

GANESH H Amatore

Maharashtra
    Maharashtra
    Linea 1.3
    @Raaz, I am completely agree with your above post and I will not buy new Linea 125s even if my budget permits in next 6-7 months . Linea 125s is at the end of its lifecycle and now there is only one Fiat dealer is present in Pune. Relatively Linea classic petrol price is very less as compared to Linea 125s emotion, So I was thinking to take risk of buying discontinue car. Still I could not decide whether is it wise decision or not.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @GANESH H : I can infer very well that you are inclined towards Linea, so my suggestion would be check the second hand market for Linea 1.4 with ABS and airbags. There are a plethora of options in Mumbai, where you would find less driven 1.4 Lineas. After all if you are looking for 1.4 only, then why not go for the same car with safety features and half price. You would get a decent Linea 1.4 at around 3-4 lacs, after which you can spend some money to properly deck it up.
    GANESH H likes this.
  9. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    2 bits of advice from me. First and foremost, safety comes first, for you and your family. Never compromise on safety because it can be the difference between life and death. Sorry to be blunt, but it is hard reality.

Secondly, from my experience of buying cars in the last 2 decades - if you want peace of mind, buy a new car and not a second hand one. Call it bad luck, but I have ended up spending huge amounts of money on repairs and maintenance for issues that I did not have a clue about when I bought the cars. In the last 10 years I have purchased only new cars with my hard-earned money only due to this reason. When I bought Linea Emotion Pack with ABS and airbags I had more money left with which I could have easily bought a used bigger car but I did not do that.

I agree that even spending one lakh rupees after buying a used car will be cost you much less in total than spending on a new car. But if you value peace of mind and don't want breakdowns without warning then buy a new car.
    GANESH H likes this.
  10. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Simple suggestion : Follow your heart. if you like linea, go for it.
    GANESH H likes this.