1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning to book Punto Evo Emotion Diesel 90HP

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by uint88, May 26, 2017.

1. uint88

uint88 Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello Folks,

I'm new to this forum.

I had started my car hunting before 6 months, started with VW Ameo(P&D) then Hyundai i20(P), Toyota Etios(P&D), Suzuki Baleno(P), Honda Jazz(P), Suzuki Breeza(D), VW Polo GT TSI(P), Ford Figo(D), VW Polo(P), Tata Tiago(P) and Fiat Punto Evo(D). Yeah!, all most every hatchback in the segment :p

My initial budge was 7 lacs, then extended it to 8 lacs. After a extensive test drive, I have short listed VW Polo (P) and Fiat Punto Evo Emotion Diesel 90HP.

There is a pretty good discount going on for VW Polo(10% offer). High line variant of VW Polo(P) is coming around 7.89 lacs on road in Bangalore(Got a quotation from Apple Auto)

I got a quotation from KHT Fiat for Punto Evo Emotion Diesel, 9.29lacs(30K discount, 5K corporate discount).

Punto is almost 1.5 lacs higher than the VW Polo(Yeah, I agree there is price different between Petrol and Diesel engines). Is it a good deal? Suggestions please :)

Thanks in advance.

2. AnanthaPrakash

AnanthaPrakash Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Would be happy to hear your other expectations from both the cars apart from Discounts.

3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The Polo highline comes with a plethora of features but the petrol mill lacks punch on highways, though it's pretty good in the city.

The 90hp loves highways and has unmatched stability.

uint88 likes this.
  4. uint88

uint88 Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    (Adding few more info as asked by @AnanthaPrakash)

Disclaimer:
    I'm a new driver and searching for my first car. So please don't expect expert kind of test drive experiences :)

I own a small capacity motor bike (FZ16, 153 CC), and I'm riding the same for 3 years. Due to increasing nature of fatal 2 wheeler accidents, I wanted to buy a small hatchback for my daily commute and weekend drives.

My requirements are:

1. Safety (ABS, EBD, Dual Airbags, Stable body shell(as mentioned by GNCAP))
    2. Stability on legal speeds (120kmph)
    3. Front seats must be comfortable(95% of the time it will be occupied by me and my wife), rear seat comfort will be a value addition :)
    4. Decent boot space(>260lts)
    5. Decent service network and easy to maintain

My test driving experiences:

VW Ameo(P) & (D)
    Feature wise it is good, but it is not definitely a polo :) It has lots of local sourced components when comparing to Polo. No 'Ahhha' moment after test drive.

Hyundai i20(P)
    Lots of features, good looking interiors. Premium look. Asta(o) comes with 6 airbags, Feather lite steering :( Pretty costly, onroad cost was around 9.3.

Toyota Etios(D)
    4 star safety by GNCAP. Great & reliable 1.5 lt engine. Toy like interior, Good space. Nothing else :(

Suzuki Baleno(P)
    Nice car, lite build quality, longer waiting period.

Honda Jazz(P)
    Refined engine, but it wasn't exciting to drive.

Suzuki Breeza(D)
    Nice car, but costly. Exceeding my budget more than 2 lacs

VW Polo GT TSI(P)
    First car which tempted me to drive beyond 120kmph during test drive. Fantastic car. Exceeds my budget!

Ford Figo(D)
    Nothing was so exciting except 6Airbags and 1.5 TDCi engine. Almost decided to buy, but 3 star from GNCAP made me to drop it.

VW Polo(P)
    Fantastic car, awesome gear shift quality, good car for city.(thats what people says). Still in my list :) 1.5 TDI is out of my budget.

Tata Tiago(P)
    Okay

Fiat Punto Evo(D)
    First car which made me to understand about steering feedback. I felt like I was holding my 2 wheeler's handle bar. Great build quality. Dual stage Airbag is also a segment first. On road price is almost near my budget, but exceeds around 1lac.

5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

imo The only car in this list with all-round, repeat: all-round, CHARACTER/feel/passion etc is the Punto Evo. I personally like the Tata Tiago very much too, all told including build and ride quality, for the nice fair price. And then there's the anodyne but exceptional in our market VW polo tsi+dsg. But imo the inexpensive Polo 3-cylinder petrol is very no-no!

Get a discounted 2016 Abarth Punto, if you can? A keeper, in the best sense of the word. Or even a discounted 2016 Avventura, if they have one? A '16 Punto Evo 1.4 fire petrol if available, if it has 2 airbags (am unsure)?

Service support for FIAT, esp in say bangalore, will remain assuredly decent what with the combined-with-JEEP renewed sales+service operations. Service and spares pricing is very good relative to some, maybe even most other firms, so there's that c-o-o factor too weighing in in favour of the FIAT. resale will be terrible but then: you'll be getting compensated through the very nice price-for-what-you-get up front, at purchase?

cheers

uint88 likes this.
  6. uint88

uint88 Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    There is a 50K discount available for 2016 Punto Evo Emotion.

7. gpunto75

gpunto75 Regolare

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think you should take a practical look out at the FASS. There's hardly any parts availability (may be for n number of reasons). The only FASS covering entire North Maharashtra is unable to service the cars, reason non availability of engine oil and filters. Many are sent back and told to call back in a weeks time. There are daily meetings of the staff on the same issue. Another thing is that no competent mechanic is available now with many FASS. They can't even open the front bumper now. May be you might have a different condition there in your city.
    Have a serious look at the Zest or Tiago. May be S cross or a polo(costly affair). There are very limited options for the safer cars. Think of a 5 to 7 years time span.
    There is much more to car than a weighted steering.
    Good luck.

8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @gpunto75 are you serious brother? Don't you realise that you are dissuading/misleading someone based on your unique experiences which doesn't represent the whole truth. Would you rather the OP buy filmsy cars and risk lives? And kindly also check location of OP which is Bangalore, one of the thriving places for FIAT owners community. Probably more loved and respected zone where Fiats are plying. This is not a fanboyist reaction. Practically these cars like Punto Evo still are among the best alternatives in Indian market for a manual transmission vehicles, especially in diesel and the Abarth Punto in turbo petrol for the manual shift car enthusiast or for someone who's looking for fun at not so prohibitive extra costs. Practical too that way considering highway FEs of 14-17-18 kmpl.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 28, 2017 ---
    Please compare diesel to diesel or petrol to petrol. In diesel to diesel purely from best value and quality and technology aspects the Figo D automatic is a clear market winner, followed closely by Punto Evo which will offer a more engaging drive experience from car driver handling response unison perspective.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 28, 2017, Original Post Date: May 28, 2017 ---
    Edit: if petrol is your option, IMHO the hands down winner is Polo TSI DSG, (as @prabhjot suggests too) and a modification with paddleshifter makes it an ultimate commuter for a petrol head. Most suited to city drives that is.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

This WILL change shortly, thanks to the combining-in-with Jeep. Well hopefully: in your region as well. Gujarat, Mumbai+Pune, delhi ncr including Gurgaon, Panjab, Bangalore, Chennai+Coimbatore/etc, Kerala, Calcutta, Hyderabad etc definitely are set-fair-by-the-time-the-Compass is on-roads, already.

Whether the likes of Nasik or say Nagpur or say Indore and Bhopal and Bhubhaneshwar etc will be as-soon or only in a while longer-yet: let's see.

I agree about the Tata Zest or Bolt or even Tiago: the best option all-told after the FIATs, esp with the mjd, for city+highway-touring. Arguably indeed (for now): in say nasik: ahead of the FIATs. But arguably not-so in the bigger cities, thanks to the new Jeep-combination+third-party official service workshops too in several places.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    gpunto75 likes this.
  10. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @uint88 : Bangalore is the safest place to own a Fiat. dont worry on the service part if you are in Blore!
    I too got my 90hp from KHT in 2016. You can bargain well and get it around 8.7-8.9 Lakh.
    My take on Polo (p) Vs Punto (D):
    its meaningless to shell out ~8L for a 3 cylinder noisy engine. I have driven Polo (p) and you will always feel missing punch in power when out on the highway. Interior is damn good compared to Punto, but Punto scores in
    1. Hydraulic Power steering.
    2. Sharp breaks
    3. Unmatched suspension in this class.
    4. High GC of 185mm which is a must in indian roads.
    5. It has engine guard.
    6. The rear seats have metal protection at the back.

Nuthan K K and uint88 like this.