1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning for trip to Pune from Delhi -Route and Logisitcs

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Axn, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Hey Guys,

We are thinking abt planning to come to Fiat ranjangaon plant by Road from Delhi. Nothing concrete as yet but I sincerely want to give it a try.

Help me with planning of route and tell me which places of interest/eateries/hotels enroute need to be visited. The relaxed time frame which one should plan for.

I opened this thread for some good suggestions and also allow people from up north traveling to Ranjangaon for 031210 visit take this idea up. It would really be nice if TeamFiat members bring diverse number plates to The Plant. I would love to take my little one back where it was born for once. I also propose that we bring a few cars from all the corners of country to The Plant.

lets hear it from all you guys.

Cheers!!!!
  2. Re: Planning for trip to Pune from Delhi -Route and Logisitc

axn check J. Ravi's thread he has charted out route from Blore to Delhi via Pune . you guys can take it and reverse it ::D
  3. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Re: Planning for trip to Pune from Delhi -Route and Logisitc

Hope, my past journey may help you decide your route. I'm sure you'll love the drive!

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7#p6
  4. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

Sandeep, I have read ur travelogue long back and couple of times more (for the pics ofcourse). In the mean time i checked up the route for ranjangaon, it can also be through delhi agra gwalior indore ahmendnagar ranjangaon. What do u say abt this route. Or you would prefer we adopt the route as prescribed by you via rajasthan and gujrat.

Atul, Can you give me a link please.

BTW thnx for quick replies. Also waiting for Regional guys to show their commitment and pitch with their suggestions.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Axn,

Here is my itinerary of KA-MH-GJ-RJ-UP-DL trip. You can also give your suggestions like the latest road conditions, eateries en route, places not be missed, etc.
    [attachment=0:mbe86qsc]TripSchedule.jpg[/attachment:mbe86qsc]

TripSchedule.jpg
  6. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

Many thnx Ravi. Very Informative and precise.
  7. koshish

koshish

New Delhi

Dear Sir,
    Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Guna-Indore (Mukteshwar Mahadev Temple)-Shirdi-Ahmednagar-Shirur FIAT Factory.

Regards,
  8. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

Kosh,

We can do it one thru Rajasthan (as suggested by Sandeep and JRavi) and Other one thru MP, Lets have other ideas. Would be good if we can have a multipurpose visit? But lets hear what others say. Majority wins you know!

I would propose to bring the names of all those who are interested in this thread and than:

1. I propose three-four members per car.
    2. One of them shall be named for arranging all the logistics enroute per car.
    3. We jointly thrash out entire itenerary of the trip before hand. At present Proposal shall be Delhi-Jaipur-Udaipur-Surat-Pune-Ranjangaon-Ahmednagar-Shirdi-Indore-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi. I think time needed shall be five days minimum.

Lets start getting on to the job.

At present list shall be:
    1. N. Vijay + 1 + 1
    2. Nitin
    3. Kosh + 1
    4. Vijyant + 1

Now lets see how it unfolds.

cheers
  9. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

AXN, as per i know, the roads through "agra-gwalior-indore" are not very good in shape. It will kill your time and hurt the car as well.

Incase you consider driving down via Jaipur, follow the route as below. I'm sure, you will enjoy the drive all the way. For sure!!!

Take NH8 from Jaipur till Kishangarh.
    Take left immediate after the toll. DO not get on Ajmer Road.
    Kishangarh - Bhilwara - Chittaurgarh - (NH79 - NH 79A)
    Chittaurgarh - Udaipur (NH76)
    Udaipur - A'Bad (come back on NH8)
    Ahemdabad - Baroda (NE1)
    Baroda - Mumbai (NH8)
    Mumbai- Pune Express Way!

Cheers!
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

^My MMI Lx130 navigator shows this route only. I will also take this route for Ahmedabad - Jaipur stretch.