1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning for Punto Evo 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Murphy_Fiat, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    TD Abarth Punto/ Avventura also. Just for a Fun
  2. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I am in the process of doing the same. Waiting for service center reviews. If they hold good then obviously Punto will be bought soon.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  3. UnniMJD

UnniMJD Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Guys….!!!!

“Sabar ka phal meetha hota hey..!!” Hope you would agree.. this is true in my case…!!!

From past 3 years I was searching in the net, reading different cars’ reviews at different forums & enquiring with friends about their cars, to decide on which car to buy. In the first year of search, I almost booked a Alto K10… but on last minute it got cancelled… then second year, after exhaustive research, decided to go for Ford Figo, unfortunately or fortunately, my favourite choice ( at that point in time ) also dropped from my list. The pace of search for my first car had reduced in third year, yet, checked on the options like Swift, I10, Polo etc.. But one day, somewhere in mid of November 2015 on my way to office, I saw a Punto Evo 90HP in its Gliteratti Gold avatar overtaking a XUV 500 in style. ( that was the first time I noticed the new model of Punto Evo 2014, and later I was surprised to realise why I din't notice this model almost for a year ) I was so impressed in its look and style and started searching the net for more details. As luck would have it, I landed up here in TEAM FIAT site. And I was amazed to see the enthusiasm of FIAT Car Owners about their Italian beauties…!! Almost after a month’s research, I did a visit to FIAT show room. Luckily it was December and lots of offers were on the card. I took one of my friend who is an experienced driver to the showroom for TD. First we did TD for Evo 76 HP and then Aventura as well. My friend was impressed with Aventura’s performance, but for me, 76HP itself was more than enough as all my requirements met in this model.

One week later we booked Punto Evo 76HP 1.3 MJD Emotion ( Pearl White ) model. SA had assured delivery of the car within 12-15 days, but the car reached show room on 10th day itself. Same day I went and saw the beauty.., it was not washed hence I asked them to get it cleaned, which they did immediately. Two days later SA told vehicle is ready of Inspection. Gone through a thorough check on most of the points mentioned in the PDI ( Thanks to the PDI document available on Team Fiat Website ). Then asked bank to disburse the loan amount. It took two more days to clear all the payment and documentation. Even after PDI, I waited for 4 more days, as my family’s wish was to welcome this beauty on an auspicious day that’s Jan 14th. Meanwhile SA had completed all the RTO registration and other proceedings. On 14th morning itself completed the pending documentation & formality & took the delivery of the vehicle by noon. In the evening went to Ayyappa temple in Electronic City, and performed the Pooja of my first car .

As 15th Jan was holiday followed by Sat & Sunday, we, along with my friend’s family had decided for first long trip.., that’s to my native in Thrissur, Kerala. We started on 15th early in the morning… via Hosur-Salem- Coimbatore highway. Roads are superb in TN till Coimbatore. And once you entered Kerala, newly built stretch from Walayar to Palakkad is a grand one, especially It’s view during the night time is splendid. We reached our destination late in the afternoon after 9 hours of journey (only one lunch break in between), but all of us, 4 adults and two kids didn’t have that travel fatigue which we used to have in our earlier trips to native. It was an awesome drive back to B’lore as well. We reached the land mark milestone, 1000km in second day itself. We had two more trips to the native in the first month itself and crossed 3000 km mark. Needless to say the drive quality, road grip & tank like safety feeling of this Italian Beauty…!!!

One important thing to point out here is, I was counter argued by some of my friends on my decision of going for a Fiat vehicle. Then later I took them for a drive in my Punto… they were spellbound about this small beauty’s performance and appreciated my decision for not listening to them … ;)

Finally thanks for the FIAT team members who guided me with valuable tips and suggestions before buying this stunning hatch…!!! Is the caption of this review is apt in my case… ? :happy:
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @UnniMJD Congrats on your car. Time to start an ownership review with pics.
  5. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Congrats. I thought pics were coming as I scrolled down but left disappointed.
  6. UnniMJD

UnniMJD Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    thanks ...I tried uploading the snaps multiple times.. error message keeps on coming...will try again ..

IMG.jpg
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @UnniMJD

Heartiest congratulations mate on the Evo buy. Even I did not feel a bit of fatigue to tiredness during my recent 1200kms road trip and neither did my family.

Time to start an ownership thread with lots of pics. Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
  8. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congrats !!!!
  9. AnanthaPrakash

AnanthaPrakash Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats!!! Try to upload reducing the file size (less than 100 KB). Even i faced the same issue today but less than 100 kb files are accepted.