1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning for LEH trip on Punto in aug-2013

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by vipin.rai, Mar 2, 2013.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats a good plan Ravi sir.

I am also planning a Leh trip in August and plan is almost ready. :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please share your plan coz me and my friend also planning to Leh trip this July-August.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    PuntoMJD I will be leaving from Pune on 14th Evening and coming back to Pune on 1st Sept.
  4. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Kedar
    I am expecting detail plan :) ok no problem

My tentative route like this -

Day 1 - Leaving at 2 AM from Pune and will reach udaipur at evening (900 KM Approx.)
    Day 2 - udaipur to Amritsar - 974 KM (feasible in one day?)
    Day 3 - Amritsar sight seeing
    Day 4 - Amritsar to Srinagar - 458 KM
    Day 5 - Srinagar to Kargil (or somewhere near) - 205 KM
    Day 6 - Kargil to Leh - 215 KM

6 days to reach leh from Pune :oops:

Next planning coming soon :)

Any chances/possibilities to minimize days?
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  5. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am planning to leave delhi on 14th september and will be returning by 28th of September.
  6. venka

venka BANNED

Guys once you reach Sonmarg from srinagar you can go to visit Glaciers. before starting to Kargil via zozilla pass. , I heard its beautiful

I would recommend Srinagr -> Kargil -> Leh -> Rohtang -> Manali. its a downhill always.
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks for sharing your experience Venka:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  8. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    J ravi Sir,may I suggest a tweaking in the route? While going,instead of taking NH211 Bijapur-Aurangabad-Dhule and onwards to Indore, I would recommend that you take a different route from Aurangabad,i.e. Aurangabad-Ajanta-Bhusawal-Burhanpur-Khandwa-Indore. Reasons are-

1.Aurangabad-Dhule Road,though NH,is two laned with bumper to bumper traffic round the clock.The Kannad Ghat,just before Chalisgaon,is the worst bottleneck with frequent traffic jams as long as 4 to 6 hrs!Dhule Indore is a newly laid 4 lane highway,but the efforts to reach there are more!

2.From Aurangabad,instead of continuing on NH211, take a turn for A.bad-Jalgaon State highway,which has much less traffic and decent roads.The famous Ajanta caves are en route,so u can enjoy them also!
    From Pahur,take a right turn onto Bhusawal,and then from there to Raver-Burhanpur-Khandwa-Indore.
    I'm confident that this route will save your time as well as energy.Do consider this!
    Aurangabad, Maharashtra to Indore, Madhya Pradesh - Google Maps
    2 people like this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot, onlymakarand, for excellent suggestion. One more query: how about this route: Hyderabad>Nizamabad>Nanded>Washim>Burhanpur>Indore? Originally, I selected Hyderabad/Burhanpur route, but later, changed to Bijapur/Dhule because it has more length of 4 lane road compared to the former. Between the route suggested by you and this Hyderabad/Burhanpur route, which one is better? Actually, I don't intend to do any sight-seeing en route. After leaving Bangalore, my next overnight stay will be at Indore. Kindly suggest.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  10. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    This is another good option.I just recently drove my linea on this same route in December,upto Muktainagar(frm where I carried on on AH46 till Bhusawal) and roads are quite decent,barring stretch between Nanded-Hingoli-Washim.

Excellent 4 lane road between Hyderabad and Nizamabad,where you exit the 4 lanes to pass through densely populated cities like Nizamabad,Bodhan,Nanded,Hingoli and Washim,there being no bypass road.From Washim-Balapur,you join AH46(former NH6) for a small distance till Muktainagar.From there,take a right turn to reach Burhanpur via Icchapur,and onwards to Khandwa-Indore.Road is in good condition,but please make sure not to drive on the route between Burhanpur and Indore after 10-11pm.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.