1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning for LEH trip on Punto in aug-2013

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by vipin.rai, Mar 2, 2013.

1. mads2849

mads2849

Delhi
    Vipin you are right its will be somwhere in the range of 15k with labor for the kit. Metal bushings are temp accomodations so it will for sure be not as authentic as the fiat kit. But I want to remove em after my ladhak trip. but again I have double thoughts. Dont really want to fiddle with my car. hey off topic do you know where i can get those "FIAT" stickers on side of the car. I have seen them on Ravi J's Linea and also the Punto used for travel betn kanyakukari and leh. they look awesome.
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea [carrying me, my wife and luggage] has so far driven to the Himalayas thrice [Leh, Bhutan & HP] with the original GC of 165 mm. Yes, there were many under-body hits. But no damages. All the hits were absorbed by the sturdy engine guard plate. My Linea will be driving to the Himalayas again in this September. I don't have any plans to alter the stock GC.
    Those stickers were affixed during the FIAT plant visit on 3 December 2010. But, you can get them custom-made by a local sticker guy. Show him the image, he will do it!:)
    1 person likes this.
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Awesome sir.. Our group will also be there by Sep, 13. Will let you know the details.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Please check your inbox! :)
  5. LineaDriver

LineaDriver Novizio

KL-07
    Try a test drive on the 2012 Punto, see if the handling is ok for you and then take a call. I had upgraded my Linea and had done 15k, I don't find much difference in handling, but then I don't do fast cornering on a daily basis. After the GC upgrade the confidence level had increased in the sense, i don't slow down if I have to take the edge of the
    road etc, and the worry of scrapping the underbelly over the humps are gone. So it is individual taste and driving style, but if you want to do Ladakh circuit, it helps to have more GC.

- - - Merged Post - - -

sathya_sc, we are starting from Kochi on 7th Sep, as of now a Linea and a Punto.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Ravi sir... Have sent you my itinerary. WIll get finalized soon. Pls let me know if you have received.. its not showing in my "sent" box for some reason

Lineadriver. Will be descending from Leh by Sep 5th!
    2 people like this.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sathya, by default the message are not saved, you can check option to save message to sent folder.
    3 people like this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, sathya_sc. Received it.
  9. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey J. Ravi, which month is best for visiting ladakh? Is there any specific reasons that most of road trips of car are planned in month of September?
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    September, because it comes after monsoon, but before winter - ideal for driving. :)