1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning for LEH trip on Punto in aug-2013

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by vipin.rai, Mar 2, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    What do you mean by record?
    If you are referring to a detailed log then yes I'm maintaining a full log and thus far the journey routes log is being maintained

from HTC desire S with cynogenmod 7.2
  2. By record I meant video, a car dash cam or handy cam for the leh leg mainly.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. venka

venka BANNED

One can watch Perilous Journeys in NGC. You will get to know the Roads in Leh n Ladakh.

Latest update : due to heavy snow in K-top ppl are coming back to leh. There was jam of more than 15 km.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yeah i've watched that many times especially after my plan to leh came true.
    I"m not good with videos so only photos would do the talking however if i find something nice and interesting there will be a video for sure.
    1 person likes this.
  5. venka

venka BANNED

So one of IAS officer from MP last week died while going to Nubra valley from K-top. Due to hard break in slushy road. So it dragged to side road then fell to deep trench.

If you have observed in the video , the road condition is pretty much same as last year. We had conversation with BRO office once after Rohtang pass where blasting was in progress so we are not allowed to cross the road till it completes. They told where ever the snow is there building of the road will be bit difficult n slow due to water, which is biggest enemy to road . They have to build concerete roads or cement roads , They can build Tarmac but it will take time . So you can imagine how the road will be .

Be cautious when ever your over taking and if you see a vehicle opposite side coming stop at a place where you feel is safe. As the soil over there is loose you have to be very careful.

There also taxi drivers drive recklessly you get to see n no xylos n innovas. If you see a army convey give them a way.

Will update this thread when ever I have info from diffent forums n through friends who are currently doing leh trip.

Some of the photos latest photos.

One can see the depth of the water , if you have any doubts this is ex.
    5912_591531394215088_957257129_n.jpg

Jam these are common due to unforeseen weather and land slides.

7469_10151718169476461_1549736335_n.jpg

Good Roads and snow

1003102_594005420634352_95274921_n.jpg

A view between sonmarg and drass.
    1010011_10151552257627669_774265380_n.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    3 people like this.
  6. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    To Delhi Guys, as I am planning for Leh trip in September, I need to buy below stuffs. But not able to find the place, from where to buy. Please suggest.

1. Air compressor
    2. Puncture repair kit
    3. Towing rope
    4. Tool kit
    5. Jump start cable
    6. Jerry Can(20 ltr)
    7. Air filter
    8. Coolant
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    1. Try online. I'm sure you will find it in kanaut place
    2. Have you tried the local tyre repair fellow or try reliance autozone, if you have
    6. Better to carry coke bottles or these big 10ltsoap oil cans. Jerry cans are known to leak
    Rest all you can easily source from fiat dealers or 99rpm

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2