1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning for Fiat Punto 1.2 Petrol Dynamic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by pra.agar, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks to All. The suggestions were very useful. As my drive is not going to exceed 1K per month I'm planning on Petrol. More over I can't exceed my Budget and If I go with Diesel I will have to go for Active variant which is again I don't wanna go for. Coming days diesel prices has also gone up keeping that also I would opt for Petrol.

As I drove 1.2 Punto Petrol, I think I'm impressed by the car. I've no plans of racing, its just for family use and weekend's long drive. Hope that should not be a problem.

Few quick question
    1) Is there any break-down issue in long drive (Say 1K kms on a 3-4 days trip) ? Because I love going on long drive and visiting places.
    2) How is the pick-up in hilly areas? I stay in bangalore and if people familiar with Nandi Hills, how good is the drive there or similar places.
    3) What's the mileage on city drive and highway with and without A/C. As I see ppl saying 13 on City drive and 18 on highway with A/C ?

Regarding ICE, will wait for the car to arrive and then decide.

Thanks Guys,
    Prateek Agarwal
  2. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    I have done more than 500 kms per day with no issues. Lots would have done more than me :) so obviously you wil become more confident on the car. The first question is something you will never be worried of :)

Pick up in hilly areas is ok. You can see in the forum lots of people doing hill trips, I have done Nandi hills with 3 people, there were no issues faced at all, But we didn't have the AC on. It wasn't essential though!!

Regarding Mileage , I drive mix of city and highway 40:60 ratio respectively, My mileage is 13 km/L on the whole.
    Avg mileage for my 8k run punto in city is 11-12 with AC on, and Highway is 15 km/l.
    Best i have got is 16 km/l in city without AC on and normal driving, below is the link regarding that.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-2-fire/9274-grand-punto-1-2-white-angel-5.html
    3 people like this.
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Prateek, rest assure, the 1.2 has a very simple mechanics with complicated Electricals, I own a 1.2 Palio for over a decade now, the trips/roads I have been is a nice coffee conversation topic :D, All you can mode the 1.2 is with a K&N filter and it will give you a nice boost (Noise only :evilsmile) performance stats of the K&N noting to brag about, even though they claim high difference,but the booom effect is amazing... Go for it man, for the Price/Features/Size/Road Presence True value for money ::T
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    @svvickky
    Thanks for the feedback. I see even you own a 1.2 Punto Dynamic. As it's not having ABS and Alloy Wheels, is it safe on long drive. My cousin has a Swift with NO ABS and Alloy wheels and he goes on long drive and till date he didn't complain on not having it. But I see people more preferring on ABS for Long drive. What's your take on this.

TIA
  5. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    @Anup Thanks.
    Will keep K&N filter in mind. Hope it does not effect any thing in the car and warranty wise as well? As you said it just Boost the Noise. Anything apart for that it boost up?

- - - Merged Post - - -

@Anup
    Where did you get it installed from. Any good suggestion were it can be done and approx how much does it cost to ?

@svvickky
    I read your mileage thread and see a suggestion to maintain the tyre pressure acc to spec. Can you share those details. As its tubeless tyre with no ally wheels 165/80 R14.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Pra.agar

ABS is not just for long drives or high speeds. ABS can as low as 20kmph speed and you can feel the vibration at break pedal.

As per your above posts you are planning long drives and visit places that mean your major use will be on highway so safety features are mandatory IMO like ABS+EBD & Airbags. (Atleast I would prefer these features in my car if I am doing highway cruising)

Punto 1.2 Dynamic is not equipped safety features however Punto 1.4 Emotion is equipped with all these features.

Check if dealer has 1.4 Punto Emotion from 2013 stock and pretty sure that you will get hefty discount on Punto 1.4 Emotion.
    1 person likes this.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Prateek, What is the price difference between the 1.2 Dynamic and the 1.3 diesel Active. I would suggest you to seriously consider the diesel active. The Punto is addictive to drive. The urge to drive more invariably get over you.

Do search with the dealers for any 2013 diesel active stock and you should be able to get a good deal.

PS: I dont think there are any stocks of the 1.4 with the dealers as I believe the production of the 1.4 stopped some time back due to poor demand.
    2 people like this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes even I was thinking the same that Punto 1.4 stopped due to poor demand.

Few features here and there from active and dynamic that the only difference but you will get the refined diesel engine and you will cruise without any problem on highways and in hilly areas.

Punto 1.2 Dynamic Rs.5,27,495
    Punto 1.3 Active Rs.5,73,395

Price Difference Rs. 45900

All above are exshowroom prices and price difference is negligible. I am the live example who is addicted to Punto and The urge to drive more invariably got over me so I bought Punto diesel finally. So do mathematics, get quotes from various dealers, check discounts from them and take decision.

What you will miss in Active?

Rear Wiper & Demister.
    Rear Power Windows.
    Full MID.
    Fog Lamps (which you can fit after)
    Body colored door handles and ORVMs.

What you will get in Active?

A fuel effiicient yet power Multijet engine.
    Easy to cruise and you can drive more kilometer than petrol engine. So the range is higher in Diesel car.
    2 people like this.
  9. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks @Kedar and @nkrishnap

So Petrol vs Diesel wise, you guys prefer Diesel for long drive and smooth cruise ? Does petrol have issues ? Because as per my homework Petrol has more power, pick-up, performance and low maintenance. Were as in Diesel we need to compromise on those factor just because the Diesel prices are less and a little more mileage compared to Petrol. Correct me, If I'm wrong.

Price wise, I see a straight 60~70 K difference compared with 1.2 Petrol Punto Dynamic and 1.3 MJD Punto Active ( After Discount and Excise Duty Deduction)

TIA
  10. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto 1.4 is the Punto Petrol Emt avatar and it is currently priced at 8,35,670.00 excluding discounts, I am working with my Friend and getting a OB Punto.. Spending more on Diesel car and scaling 1 model below makes no sense if the running is just about 1000 kms a month and also servicing/maintenance of a Petrol variant is cheaper than the Diesel variant, I would leave the thinking upto the Final Owner to decide. :-D</SPAN>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.