1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning for Fiat Punto 1.2 Petrol Dynamic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by pra.agar, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Hi,
    I'm planning on booking a Fiat Punto 1.2 Petrol Dynamic. They are giving a good discount feb month including exchange bonus, free insurance and the excise duty thing is a add-on. But my parents are saying to wait for march month as its FY end and Automobile ppl do go for huge offers. Now speaking to Fiat ppl they are suggestion to go this month as there was a excise duty cut off that may lead to give less discount next month. Any suggestion guys.

Plus I was thinking on changing the Music system on the car. Does the fiat ppl work out something on the existing one and provided the Emotion Music system, or should I go for other available in Market ( Please suggests the best ICE ). As Fiat dealer are OK with out side fitting saying the warranty is still retained unlike the Maruti ppl were if we install out market ICE the warranty is VOID.

TIA
    Prateek

And I'm New to the forum so sorry If I broke any rules, as I need to book the vehicle with a day or two, as Fiat pppl are providing a Philips Home thr for Free :p
    2 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Taking this month and Mar, should not have huge difference in cost.
    Regarding, Music System, Dynamic and Emotion have same music system, Emotion has extra USB support and Blue and me. You can't fit Emotion music system to Dynamic, however better to go for any better music system, with bluetooth from outside market.
    3 people like this.
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi.
    Any Good suggestion on a Good ICE for Punto. As I don't see much online.

And Any bad reviews on the Car. As the only review I found was w.r.t their servicing which I believe is not taken care after they have separated from TATA completely.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I will not comment on car, as I have 1.3, but no issues with servicing in Bangalore.
    For ICE, have a look at ICE section - In Car Entertainment
    1 person likes this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Pra.agar I owned Punto 1.2 Emotion for 7-8 months and due to higher usage of the car, I switched to Punto Diesel 90HP.

Think before buying a petrol car as for the price of Punto 1.2 Dynamic you can buy Punto diesel Active variant with few xtra grands.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi @pra.agar..

Good to hear that, just wanted to highlight few things, this current month Fiat is offering an Exchange Bonus(You don't have to exchange and old car, just provide them with RC book copy/Insurance and PUC certificate) and you should get about 70k of discounts on Linea and a little lesser in Punto, plus free Insurance for first year, EW and RSA, I believe you have an option to get either RSA(Road Side Assist) + EW(Extended Warranty) or Phillips Home Theater, if that's the case then I strongly suggest you go against the Home Theater system and go with the EW & RSA(worth 8k)...

Dynamic comes with a CD/Radio Player with 4 speaker (2rear-2front door speakers). They are decent but not great to brag about but it will be advised if you keep the upgrades plans post 2 years of your Ownership (post 3rd service/30,000 kms) to any issue with regards to warranty for plastics/wiring anything...

The FASS guys are smart to blame customers and not do any work on the issue until you agree to pay from your pocket</SPAN>

I suggest retrofitting to a Pioneer music player is 1 mega music system (Has USB connect, Bluetooth with Voice calls and plays Music via Bluetooth and AUx connect) and that you can get for about 10k (not sure on the current prices now)</SPAN>
    2 people like this.
  7. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hi Pra.gar As suggested by Kedar, look at buying a diesel Punto instead. I own a Petrol Punto and mileage suffers a lot in city traffic. also it is not fun to drive with more than 2 people and AC on.
    2 people like this.
  8. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    But if your daily runing is below 30kms and investing on a Diesel wouldn't make any sense, the 1.2 is a Slow Couch but it is decent with Fuel economy considering it's weight which actually makes you feel safe, I have a Friend who has a 1.2 Emotion varient since 2011 and he has clocked about 20,000 kms and he gets about 13-13.5 in City conditions with upto 80% AC on and we did a trip sometime back and with 100% AC on get 18.1 average which is well accepted for a Petrol car, you would get an Active varient but Active varient is a scale down to Dynamic version which you have planned for and you would pay a little more so you would have to do a math and see if you can justify Petrol over Diesel car..
    2 people like this.
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Pra.agar,

Driving punto 1.2 has a different pleasure than diesel ones. I'm owing 1.2 since 2 years & 4 months now with 51k kms. No issues faced. Apart from raising petrol prices.

If your monthly drive is less than 1k kms & you use your car only on weekends then I will suggest go for it as you will be paying more for travel cost.
    Apart from this the drivability of 1.2 is awesome.

One more thing, are you planning for racing with anyone? If yes then 1.2 is not an option. As there are remapping options are available for diesel cars only & that you have to do it for around 20 grands.

Apart from this the choice is yours.

ICE upgrades can easily done for all variants, so not an issue, depends upon your test & budget.
    2 people like this.
  10. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Sorry for adding to your confusion, but also keep in mind that the punto facelift has already been spotted testing multiple times and might be out by June.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.