1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning for Delhi to Bangalore trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sonofpoi, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Ani

Ani

Bangalore
    Stick to the route you have decided, roads are awesome all the way.
    You will mostly find traffic in the Delhi Jaipur route and just before Mumbai .Do your best to avoid getting into Mumbai else you will be forced into its maddening traffic!!!.. Around 1500 bucks toll...
    Ahmedabad - Vadodra express way is a dream road, even better than the Mumbai Expressway!:cool:
    Lots of road side eating places! 5 days is more than sufficient! I did it in 3! :twisted:
    I would recommend leaving by 4 AM and driving till 3 in the noon...
    Have fun & Drive safe!
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am using KL registration since March of this year in Bangalore. I was caught once for violating traffic rules (got into a bus lane unknowingly), but they never bothered to ask me anything regarding registration. Got a printed receipt for the fine with my cars number on it. My cousin is using his KL registration in Bangalore for more than 2 yrs now, no issues for him either. So no issues with HR either, but legally it should be changed, they can fine you anytime, but I feel paying fine will be more economical than re-registration considering the taxes are quite high in Bangalore.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This is whats mentioned in the KA RTO website
    9. When should I obtain Karnataka Registration Mark?
    A Vehicle is not permitted to ply with other state registration mark beyond 11 months from the date of migration . So you should apply and obtain the Karnataka Registration mark before that period.

But these days, police catch you either if you jump signals or when you drive in late night, especially during weekends. The latter applies to everyone, not just the ones with a non-KA number.

I have been using my Pulsar with TN registration for last six years in bangalore. I have paid life-time KA road tax. If at all they catch you, they ask for tax paid receipt.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011