1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning for a new T-Jet

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by dijkstra, Feb 1, 2012.

1. dijkstra

dijkstra

Bangalore
    @Ferrariscdr : Are you sure about the availability of SEP 2011 manufactured T-Jets ?

The VIN I got from the dealer is FMZ, so it should be a JUN 2011 vehicle.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    To my knowledge, there are no TJets manufactured after June. FTA was last manufactured in May 2011. In case you come across any TJet manufactured in Sep 2011 please keep me posted
  3. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Hi dijkstra,
    Congratulation on the new car.I am going to book a T-JET+ in couple of days.Are you sure you get a FTA of June 2011 make?
    Can you let me know if you see any issues (rust,AC etc) while doing PDI?Waiting for your reply..Thanks in advance.

To the GURUS..
    Does t-jet come with illuminated door sill? The td car I used it has the door sill as well as rear spoiler too!!
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  4. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Nono, the illuminated door sills and spoilers are just for display purposes, they are not standard fitment.

In my ordeal, I had to threaten the dealership to source the door sills as they couldn't source it dont know why.
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Well the reply given to me was that there was some major fire at the warehouse which gutted most of the stock. So since Aug/Sep 2011, accessories are in short supply. I followed up till Nov for the spoiler and sills and gave up after that.
  6. dijkstra

dijkstra

Bangalore
    Folks,

I did a PDI yesterday and the car will be delivered tomorrow. Its a FMZ as mentioned earlier. There is no rust anywhere except disc brakes and cast iron parts (or I failed to find rust !). No electrical issues (AC, Bluetooth, Power Windows ).

A little disappointment was the scratch on the bonnet ( near to headlight assembly) and front bumber (I was told that these were happened during unloading - both will be rectified).

I owe jayadev and mathewjoy (highly regarded members of our forum) a debt of gratitude for getting me excellent sales personnels and for the PDI . More on this later.

I won't be updating this thread as I planning a separate detailed PDI (& sales exp.) thread in near future.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

@SAF_RoadWarrior : Yes I got a FTA manufactured in Jun 2011 (FMZ)
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  7. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks Pal for this support.
    I have checked with Dealer, he could not promise to give me a June 2011 oNE.
    I am little scared about this now.