1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning for a new T-Jet

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by dijkstra, Feb 1, 2012.

1. dijkstra

Though I was an avid reader of TFI posts, this is my first post in this forum.

I finally decided to buy a T-Jet in near future (loan application will be submitted next week). I received quotes already from fiat showrooms. All of them selling Jun / Jul 2011 manufactured cars, readily available, (which were sent to them in OCT / NOV 2011) with so called 1.4 lakh discount. OTR will be somewhere around 8.7 lakhs including corporate discount. As I am out of Kerala I am yet to see these cars.

Following are the negative feedback received from family and friends.
    1. As these are JUN / JUL 2011 cars there are chances of RUST :eek:
    2. These cars are not worth 8.7 lakhs (as cars are over 7 months old)
    3. Fiat already stopped production of T-JET and won't manufacture it anymore.
    4. No spare parts will be available after sometime
    I really need this car as MY FIRST CAR but the morale is down because of negative comments.
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

dijkstra, are you sure people giving you such feedback are your friends? Man, I don't even feel like replying to such baloney and canard being spread by uninformed people. Best is to go through ownership threads and see for yourself whether any of these points even merit mention.
  3. Clubclass

Clubclass Timido

TJet Buy!!!

Dude check the fiat india website .They sell the Tjet but now it is marketed and avilable only in emotion variant;-).With Tjet you will have blast.Take my words for it-Regards,Jagdish
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

I have seen June cars, but July cars is news to me - can you confirm the manufacturing from the VIN. Some dealers offer around 30K of the exchange bonus over the existing 1.4 lakh discount. You shall have to haggle for it
    Please do a thorough PDI and you should be good - not all cars shall have rust. Some of the common places of rust are the bonnet, under the bonnet, the boot lid, under the boot, places near door hinges. You can check my thread in the pre-sales forum to see some examples of rust. ramjn and nitinkumardba have threads where you can see further examples. You can use this as a reference during the PDI
    As mentioned earlier, you can negotiate for further discounts. Most dealers shall agree.
    Fiat shall produce T-Jet sometime in March/April. As far as I know there are no plans to stop production. There are speculations that 2012 TJet shall have 17 inch alloys. My advice to you is to do a thorough PDI and take the June/July T-Jet if it does not have any iissues (rust, not used by dealer, etc). The kind of discounts available are good and shall not be available on the 2012 Tjet.

Jagdish, can you share the URL for the same. I am not able to locate the same on Fiat website - it shows only dynamic for the Linea Petrol
  5. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

I bought a T-Jet+ in Dec 2011 and am quite pleased with the car. Even though the model is 6 months old but there is no rust anywhere. Further Fiat's comprehensive warranty covers any rusting for next 5 years.

As far as the question of Fiat not manufacturing it, I am sure they will soon launch an upgraded version of the Jet as they have done for Linea and Punto.

So, Chill and go with your heart.
  6. dijkstra

Thanks for the really needed support guys. Let me know how many among you are located near Kochi / Trichur - this is for PDI (should happen sometime in March) and willing to share expertise and time for the same?
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  7. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

Linea 1.4
    How are you getting 1.4 lakh discount?Can you please explain?
    My dealer quote 1L disocunt+free ins+RSA+Corp
  8. dijkstra

Foxtrot Azure T-JET Plus booked

Finally after much deliberation Foxtrot Azure T-JET Plus is booked and the car has reached dealer from Pune. Planning to do a detailed PDI next week.

Planning to open a separate thread regarding booking experience, PDI other interesting things happened over the last few weeks.

@SAF_RoadWarrior : Sorry for the late reply I am not getting 1.4L (getting around 1.2L only + the other things you mentioned). BTW 1.4L is a possibility if you are exchanging the old car.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  9. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

@dijkstra -- Before buying my T-Jet I called almost all the top guys in fiat and even to plant manager in their factory...T-Jet production stopped last year september to clear all the inventories. but you will get only June vehicle that too colors would be SBB, TW and BNW. For other colors you will get older month vehicle.
    To answer your points -
    1. As these are JUN / JUL 2011 cars there are chances of RUST -- Rust is a problem but if you do a thorough PDI in their yard then it will not be a problem. You will not have problem of rust because chromes and everything covered with plastic. Boot Hydrualic might get rusted but you need to check it. Run the engine and listen any unusual sound. T-Jet engines are very silent. Another thing is T-Jet engines are fully imported from Italy and assembled in India and so they are confident about the engines thats why they give long service intervals.

2. These cars are not worth 8.7 lakhs (as cars are over 7 months old) - Dont agree. it is a good deal and you can push dealer for more accessories etc etc. because it is the best car in this segment and you wont be disappointed with it.
    3. Fiat already stopped production of T-JET and won't manufacture it anymore - Usually Fiat starts production post March of every year and once the tata JV is separated they would not face issue of sales for such a class vehicle
    4. No spare parts will be available after sometime - T-Jet spares are available and it is fully manufactured in plant. Only the problem is when you blow up your Turbocharger.
  10. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Yes the part about jun vehicles is true, infact jun/july stock is news to me since in Dec, Fiat was only phasing out stocks till May and when that was cleared are they phasing out jun/july stocks, with the newly launched and placed T-Jet I expect it to fly off the shelves (compared to the abysmal figures it's doing right now).

Since the product isn't being discontinued, spares won't be an issue and when Fiat divorces Tata, it shall be a great moment for all Fiatians in India.

Also speedjet had done PDI's of quite a few FTA, do check paint issues and there may be some issues in it, ask him for more details.

Check for rust under the beadings too. Also, take care of the turbosupercharger :p and it shall serve you happily.