1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning bi xenon for T-jet

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Imran ali khan, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Imran ali khan

Imran ali khan Novizio

Muscat, Oman
    Mysore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Guys,
    I own a Linea T-jet 14 & currently i am planning an upgrade ie getting bi-xenon projectors with HID kit. I am planning to go with a quad set up of projectors, all the projectors are plug and play no wiring or cut outs required. I have contacted Xenon planet & they are proposing to go with Mini H1 6.0 or Mini Super or Mini D2s. So following are my queries,
    - Case I : If i go with a quad set up of 55w, Since linea is having two separate pairs for low and high beam, will there be any problems related to battery or any thing related to it, if all the four are provided with 55w projectors, at a time only low beam or high beam is operable.
    - Case II : If i go with a quad set up of 35w, making all the four projectors working for low beam or high beam at time will be like consuming 70 watts at time per head lamp, so will there be any problems with respect to battery or any thing related to it?
    - Case III : Is there any possibility to do like case II? ie make all the four lamps go low or high at a time? If it is done then will it again carry any side effects on car?

I thank you all for reading this post & giving your suggestion...
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Imran ali khan
    Some basic things, HID’s cannot work without relay. Its compulsory that you get a relay because HID’s they need a good power. Secondly quad projector will give you problem in two different case

Case 1) If you put a low beam and high beam at its own position when you give the pass light the high beam won’t be able to start so quick. It roughly needs 5-10sec to completely lit the bulb

Case 2) If you put a quad projector with both low and high you need ample of running of your car to charge your battery enough, 4 HID bulbs will require a lot of power.

Now Come to the selection point

1) 50W Vs 35W

Here 50 W has a better output but a lesser life (+20% intensity) (-20% lifespan) (-1000K colour), roughly by 500 hours less as compared to 35W

2) KELVIN AND LUMENS

If you want the best output on the road then you can go with 4500K and if you want to slightly compromise and what to go for white light then its 5500K. (100 Lumens lesser in 5500K, more is better)

3) Projectors Type

1) FXR3.0

Best in Class Fits in Linea low beam. But Major bowl cut and difficult installation

2) Mini H1 (7.0)

Best in low beam It has a fine Cut. Low bowl cut or no cut and easy installation

3) Mini D2S

Best in high beam It has a fine high beam. Low bowl cut or no cut and easy installation

Now come to shrouds

You need to to select very wisely because of the fit. Depth and radius is main.

Morimoto official dealers are just 2 in India. One in Mumbai and another in Delhi. Make sure you get the genuine. Xenon planet has awesome output and installation, but it is not lisited as official dealer of Morimoto.

I have installed FXR in low beam. I am satisfied in just 1 Bi setup.

Hope this information helps
  3. Imran ali khan

Imran ali khan Novizio

Muscat, Oman
    Mysore
    Linea T-Jet
    @moksh : Thank you Sir. Well i am planning to go with Mini H1 7.0 for low beam & Mini D2s for high beam. And regarding additional wirings for the kit is not required they said (Xenon planet). Both projectors i am planning are plug and play. And moreover even though its a quad set up not all the lamps will be high or low at a time, still the basic factory function of two lights per time will remain same. So in the above case my watt usage will be 55w but output will be great i hope. And thinking of going with gattling gun shroud with canbus 55w ballasts.

Fxr is awesome, i saw the reviews and videos of it, but i didnt opt it since reflector cutting is required. but one more thing Sir, after installing the projectors, the hight adjusting motor in linea for lights, will it still work or will it be like dummy after installation?
  4. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Imran ali khan Yes its a great choice to go Mini H1 7.0 for lows and D2S for highs. I am not sure what xenon planet is trying to sell you . Can you tell me the estimate what Xenon Planet have told you
    Mini D2s Complete kit cost -25k With Projectors 55W ballast and bulb shrouds and 100 mm halos
    Mini H1 7.0 Complete kit Cost -22k With Projectors 55W ballast and bulb shrouds and 100 mm halos
    These are estimates it may differ from dealer to dealer.

For your quad setup atleat 50k for original morimotos you need.
  5. Imran ali khan

Imran ali khan Novizio

Muscat, Oman
    Mysore
    Linea T-Jet
    @moksh : Sir, they have quoted mini super kit for 14.5k & mini d2s for 16.5k with 55w ballasts & since it is promotional offer they are are proposing mini super quad set up at 26k final.
  6. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Imran ali khan Dont call me Sir please. Second thing only morimoto (D2S/ MINI H1) projectors (Without hid kit , shrouds, halos ) cost around 8- 10k each set . I hate people call chinese projector setup as morimoto. Morimoto are top quality and cost a bomb. Orginal morimoto warranty is for 5 years but indian dealers give from 1 -2 years. If you want to go for chinese setup from xenon planet then you can go on , but mind it these are not morimoto's.
    I think Xenon planet will give you something like this.
    Option 1 : Original Morimoto projectors with chinese hid kit.(20k for projectors + 6 k for HID KIT)
    Option 2 : Everything will be chinese stuff .

Also one more thing chinese kit cost around 10-15k complete kit.I would suggest you to for for single setup but the orignal one's.If you dont want a trouble for installation go for mini h1 which is best in low beam.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2016 ---
    There is nothing like super kit and stuff like that.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    Naughty and ghodlur like this.
  7. Imran ali khan

Imran ali khan Novizio

Muscat, Oman
    Mysore
    Linea T-Jet
    @moksh : Following is the product they have proposed, the below D2s as per their site includes projectors only, but for a total projector + HID set up they are asking for 16.5k per pair. Similarly i have attached Mini super too... I have asked them whether the products they are providing are original morimoto only? And also the make of HID set up. If they say its chinese then i am going to opt out. And then have to check out some other products or you should suggest one... Mini D2S.png Mini Super.png
  8. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Imran ali khan Sorry My Friend to tell you that Mini D2S 4.0 does not exist . According to xenonplanet website it says mini D2S 4.0 that means its the 4th version , but morimoto has not even launched it so how can xenon planet can sell it. On the other hand Mini D2S 3.0 cost 8k each pair.
    There is nothing like Mini super from morimoto . It may be some other brand with similar name.

Check this photo . These are Chinese HID kits and morimoto doesnot pack like these , that too without branding. These are chinese kit with 4300k and 6000k . Officially morimoto has 4500k , 5500k , 6500k. I know some dealers even in mumbai claimming original morimotos but its not.

Untitled.png

Again Morimoto HID cost 10k Each pair

Untitled2.png

Xenon planet itself has said this in description

Hope its give more clear idea now your 2 kits cost 36k without shrouds and halos
    Naughty and ghodlur like this.
  9. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi if you Need Fxr 3.0 Set up Complete Set up (Morimoto) (With Headlight) My Friend is Having one and he is ready to sell. PM Me if you are interested
  10. Imran ali khan

Imran ali khan Novizio

Muscat, Oman
    Mysore
    Linea T-Jet
    @moksh : Thank you very much for clearing out about the make. Had not thought about this one... So what would you suggest me now? What brand and where would i get a genuine one installed?
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2016 ---
    @moksh : Now i think its better if i go with a original one with 55w output for high beam alone. Low beam i will maintain the stock one. How about it?