1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Planning a road trip and need your valuable inputs!!

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Prithviraj, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Wish you a very happy and safe journey!!!!!
  2. Prithviraj

Prithviraj Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Had a wonderful trip. This was the longest trip so far on my Tjet and she treated me very well.

Routes: Going to Munnar
    I took Salem-Dindigal-Chinnakal-Munnar route which had less ghat section. It took around 9 hours but the route is less scenic.

Route2: While coming back to Bangalore
    I came through Munnar-Udamalpet-Salem-Bangalore. This route has the most scenic beauty but it will take at least 4 hours to cover first 100 kilometers from Munnar till udumalpet (road is just about average). At least better than Bangalore roads ;).

On the stay:
    Stayed in Mountain Club resort which is located near chinnakal. It's a 4star resort according to Munnar standards and it did not disappoint me. It's a nice property, cleanly maintained and food was just awesome with good option on the buffet menu. Price was close to 7k per night which includes BF and Dinner or Lunch.

Driving Tjet on good open NH-47 highway was effortless, and on the western ghats it was a breeze. The steering feedback is so much precise. She returned a mileage of around 16 going by DTE method while on ODO it was 17.5kmpl.

Must places to visit in Munnar
    - Top Station
    - Indo-Swiss diary farm
    - Tea estates around Munnar, especially KannanDevan tea estate.
    - Mattupetty Boat ride.
    - Drives in and around Munnar.

Total kilometers covered in 4 days : 1400 kilometres.