1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Plan to drive to Shiridi from Chennai, need advice

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by dhaya76, Sep 3, 2015.

1. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am planning for a trip Shiridi between 19th September to 22nd September. I am not sure whether 4 days is sufficient to do the trip peacefully. Need suggestions to visit nearby/en-route places and good accomodation. I will be travelling alone.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can drive through this route:-
    Chennai-Ongole-Chilakaluripeta- Narasaraopeta-Pidgurala-Miruyalguda-Nalgonda-Take Hyd ORR-Sangareddy-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Omerga-Naldurg-tuljapur-Osmanabad-Ahmednagar-Shirdi.
    4 days not sufficient, will be very hectic leading to health problems. :D
  3. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the update, I was under the impression that I can reach on 20th afternoon in Shirdi and have darshan on the evening and start on 21st around 11 am and reach Chennai by 22nd evening. Since 24th is a holiday, I am planning to take my family to Ooty, so prefer not to get any health issues, if it is too hectic then I will drop my plan visiting Shiridi.

I will drive through the suggested route while going towards Shiridi and comeback via Satara - Hubli - B'lore - Chennai, is that route is good, during my last year visit to Goa around the same time I drove via Belagavi and that time the road was good. Will it be possible to reach Tumkur by evening around 8 pm while return from Shirdi if I start about 11 am.

Any suggestions on eateries and good stay en-route and Shiridi.
  4. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I couldn't make the trip last time to Shirdi due to personal reasons and giving a try this time. Planning to start from Chennai on 27th Feb morning and back on 2nd Feb evening. I am planning to visit Murudeshwar and Kollur during return and plan as follows, not sure whether I can make it as per the plan, suggestions are welcome also need advice about the road condition and good accommodations.

Day 1: Chennai to Kolapur
    Day 2: Kolapur to Shirdi (Day 3 early morning Aarthi darshan is planned)
    Day 3: Shirdi to Murudeshwar (planned to visit Mahalakshmi temple while return, if this will be tedious then will visit the temple on the way to Shirdi)
    Day 4: Murudeshwar to Tumkur
    Day 5: Tumkur to Chennai
  5. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    After having a chat with my friends seems that Shirdi to Murudeshwar is possible only if the road conditions are good. Anyone knows the road condition between Kolapur to Shirdi and also the ghat section from Hubli to Murudeshwar?
  6. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I recall to have read on our forum a travelogue for Konkan area last year. You may search for the same.
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Satara - Kohlapur - Hubli - Murdeshwar(via Yelapur) the roads are good. Shirdi to Satara via Shirur - Lonand I am not sure.
    dhaya76 likes this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You journeys are all in day time and during day it will be very hectic and at the most you can cover upto 600Kms at max.
    Day1:- Chennai to Kolhapur 900+ Kms :bored:
    Day2 :- Kolhapur to Shirdi 400+ Kms
    Day3 :- Shirdi to Murudeshwar 800+ Kms :bored: Ghat roads too...
    Very hectic, but its doable. Day1 and Day3 will be Marathon run.
    if you are alone in car then its easy to hit highway at anytime,if with famly then you will loose healthy time.

I think that's the only route left from Satara to Shirdi via shirur.
    Satara-Lonand is driveable 50kms, don't know from Lonand to Shirur.
    dhaya76 likes this.
  9. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    From Satara to Hubli is 4-lane except two-lane good road between Dharwad and Hubli. I have taken the Satara-Lonad-Shirur-Nagar route last year. It is a right turn to Lonad just as you are crossing Satara and the road is single and with plenty of potholes. It crosses (South-North) the Pune Solapur highway (East-West) and then joins Pune_Nagar highway at Shirur after some distance and this part is not bad. Shirur to Nagar to Shirdi is good.
    dhaya76 likes this.
  10. Sunil Kumar

Sunil Kumar Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    On 15th Dec, i had a round trip Bangalore - Dharwad - Murdeshwar - Gokarna - Dharwad - Chennai with 7 family members (4+3Kids).

On 18th morning 6:30 AM, started from Dharwad and reached Murdeshwar at 11:30 AM via Hubli & Yelapur. Roads are superb. 4 lane work is going on. I liked ghat road specially. Punto rocks on ghat road due to torque. Other vehicle were just pushing whereas i was taking turn on 100 KMPH speed.

Stayed at RNS Residency near Murdeshwar island. Rates are very reasonable. Stay near beach is good to see sunrise & sunset.

19th noon started from Murdeshwar and returned back to Dharwad via Gorkarna OM beach (not much impressive).
    Forgot to visit Shiva temple there where Lord Ganesha asked Ravana to put Lord Shiva Shivaling and go for rest for few minutes.

While returning to Chennai, started from Dharwad at 6:30 AM reached Chennai at 8:30 PM with 2 hour rest at 2 different places. Total 850 KM traveled in 12 hours.
    dhaya76 likes this.