1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Places of interest in Gujarat

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by punto-ed, Dec 20, 2013.

1. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Sorry Guys i just saw the post. Great punto-ed that you are coming to gujarat. Yes there are very beautiful places in Gujarat. Infact Gujarat can boast of a variety of places to visit ranging from religious to adventurous to UNESCO world heritage sites. Though i have a dream of exploring each and every corner of Gujarat but I have not been able to explore enough due to various constraints.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Since you are entering from Rajasthan Side, you can right away start exploring the famous and not so famous places.
    1. Ambaji Temple (Nr. Mount Abu) - Beautiful and a huge temple of Goddess Amba. (darshan remains closed from 4:30-7:30 p.m.
    2. Taranga Hills and Dharoi Dam - An ancient Jain Temple and a sanctuary
    3. Rani Ki Vaav and Sahastraling Lake at Patan. Also you can visit Patola houses of Patan, where they make beautiful silk sarees- costing of an orginal piece starts from min. 2:00 lacs. UNESCO has just finished scanning of the Vav(stepwell)
    4. Modhera Sun temple- Beautiful Architecture and an equally beautiful water tank in front of the temple. Modhera Dance festival takes place in third week of January.
    2 people like this.
  2. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Further More down the line towards Ahmedabad from Rajasthan you can visit
    1. Thol Bird Sanctuary and Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary - A paradise for Bird watchers.
    2. Indroda Dinosour Fossil Park, Akshardham- ( A beautiful temple of Lord Swaminarayan- Famous for Khicdi and a water laser show in the evenings-closed on modays) and Science City with IMAX theatre and Adalaj Stepwell near Gandhinagar just before Ahmedabad.
    3. Then Ofcourse Ahmedabad. As Neel mentioned if possible do not miss the kite flying festival in Ahmedabad. Its huge and colorful. Then there are many places to see within Ahmedabad. Though my interest has always been of Architecture. Some famous spots can be IIM, Hutheesingh temple, Gandhi Ashram, Sanskar Kendra, Husain Doshi Gufa, Calico Dome there are many and ofcourse road side food stalls at Law Garden. Neel please add more......

I will update you about more places in my subsequent posts. Huh Lot of places.....
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. punto-ed

punto-ed

bangalore
    Started trip with a stop in Vadodara. Will be looking forward to meet u guys in Ahamadabad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    where are u in vadodara. m in vadodara only.

Sent from my GP
  5. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Let us know when u will be in Vadodara ... We will meet up
  6. punto-ed

punto-ed

bangalore
    I was in Vadodara on 31st night. Now in udaipur.

Sure will let u know once I am in Vadodara while coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. punto-ed

punto-ed

bangalore
    Guys ,

I will be Visiting Kutch , ambaji temple , Ahmedabad , Amul factory ( if time permits- help me to get permission ) and Vodadara in GJ

I had cut short my GJ plan due to delayed start by two days.

Will be in Ahmedabad on 12th night will be leaving to Vodadara on 13th night . 14th planning to spend in Vadodara for kite festival( relative home) . Leaving to blr on 15th morning.

Hope to see you guys in Ahmedabad n Vodadara.
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Sure buddy... U r most welcome and catch you in Ahmedabad.

Cheers... :up

Neel

9. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @punto-ed what is the status now... where are you.. have you reached Gujarat...
  10. punto-ed

punto-ed

bangalore
    Now in Jasailmer. Will be in kutch by tomorrow evening.

13 in Ahmedbad. 14 th vodadra.