1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Places of interest in Gujarat

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by punto-ed, Dec 20, 2013.

1. punto-ed

punto-ed

bangalore
    Hello All,

Starting this Thread thinking it might help to all the future Prospective visitors for GJ.

We can have a Separate thread if its required for each state in india. I know in google i will get all the info. But would like to know the first hand experience of the forum members who have visited the GJ.

Kindly pour in your inputs.

Thanks in advance.
    2 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Naughty, @Mitesh @Ashish guys awaiting for your replies to this thread.
    3 people like this.
  3. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Kedar - Punto-ed as far as Gujarat is concerned there a lot of places which has something uniquenss in it - I Have shifted to Vadodara
    from nashik recently and feel that City itself is very warm and welcoming ... Have visited few outskirts of Vadodara - which included
    1) Pavagadh - A godess Temple is situated on a hughe mountain - good for trekking
    2) Jambughoda - Full of thrill and adventure . you can expect leopard / hynas in this region -
    3) Hatni Matha - A shiv temple located at such a place where in you have to actually pass the waterfall to reach the temple in rainy season
    4) Champaner - Historical architect to see at this location.
    5) Wadwana - place bird lovers to visit in winter ,as most of the migrating birds stay at this location between Nov to Feb

All these places are around 70 to 80 kms range from vadodara city ..

Rest I think @Mitesh Pujnani and @Neel will have plenty to add on this
    5 people like this.
  4. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    @ Punto-ed, Ashish and Kedar... It depends on which season they want to visit Gujarat... As summer is damn Hott.

It also depends on what is the interest area?? Are they interested in ancient and historic places?

During rann-utsav in winter- dessert of Kutchh is real good. Club it with place called Mandvi very near by.

Gir National lion sanctuary is superb.
    They can even visit Dasada wild sanctuary.

Somnath, chorvaad, Kaladungar are also lovely places.

Adalaj step well, modhera sun temple and sarkhej roza also worth visiting.

As Ashish already mentioned... Pavagadh, champaner and jambughoda are also lovely places. Few forts and palaces to be visited there.

You must do "Heritage walk" in Ahmedabad old city.

I also suggest to visit Sardar Sarovar. It's a big check dam on Narmada River. Also visit Kabir-vadd nearby.

And Yes, most importantly - Don't forget to call me and catch up when you are in Ahmedabad. :)

Let me know if one wants to know more about any particular place. I will try to fetch you the details if at all I don't know.

Cheers.. :up

Neel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    Thanks for your inputs guys.

I am planning to visit in Jan 1st week, i have reserved 5 days for GJ. I am driving from Blr. would like to goto RJ after visiting GJ.

Hope it gives still more clear idea , I am fine with both ancient and Modern places of interest.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Add your name to the place of interest Neel Bhai , people will definitely meet you :p
    1 person likes this.
  7. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just call me Punto-ed .. hopefully you , me , neel and mitesh meet uo together for an evening - at baroda or ahmedabad :-D
    1 person likes this.
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    That's a great idea Ashish... But as you know, I am going to Goa from 3rd January to 7th January. So I will not be available in those days, apart from that I am up for party ;-)

Cheers... :up

Neel

1 person likes this.
  9. punto-ed

punto-ed

bangalore
    Wow , that's great . So this thread is really helping then at-least for the two members now.

Can you exactly mention the dates ?? so that if possible we can co-ordinate and have mini meet :)

Neel

My plan is after jan 7th only. As i am targeting Amritsar , Agara , Rajasthan last Gujarat. Hence we can meet.

My plan is to Visit Rann of Kutch , Somanthapur , Gir National Forest ( Hoping i am lucky enough to spot Lions and tigers ) and other interesting places where Modi has shown his magic just to witness them ,

I am entering From Rajasthan and will exit towards Mumbai.

Will update the exact dates in a day or two.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    @ Punto-ed

That's perfect. We surely will meet bro. I am available after 7th January.

Another suggestion.
    If you are planning to come to gujarat in january than Try to be in Ahmedabad on Makar sankranti - 14th January if possible. Here we call it Uttarayan. Ahmedabad's kite flying featival of Uttarayan is world famous.

And just noticed ... Puntoed and Punto-ed are two different people and both are coming to Gujarat. Almost same TFI handle confused me. Sorry.

Cheers...

Neel