1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Places around SHIMOGA

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Fiat-Yamaha, Jan 16, 2012.

1. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Prakash,

I just returned from Shivamogga today morning. I had been to Jog falls on 10th November 2012.

As Addy mentioned, there is no enough water pouring down due to failed monsoon compared to what I had seen a couple of years back. Yet, I found it to be decent enough.

You can go to the Inspection bungalow at Jog Falls to get a better & awesome view of the minimal water flow than the frontal view that everyone witnesses.
    You can check about it with the local police/security over there. They will guide you with the route etc.

Hope it helps.
  2. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks @adigabnp,
    Actually i been to jog falls last week, as you said there is no much water, its really disappointing to me. But the next day we went to sikandur iland.. .its on the way. This was very good place to visit.
    1 person likes this.
  3. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There are quite some awesome places around Sagara taluk as well which is just ~70kms from Shivamogga. To name a few...

The following places are to the south of Sagara, on the way to Sigandooru.

Ikkeri temple [3kms from Sagara town]
    Varadapura aka Shridhara Gudda/Ashrama [few kms from Ikkeri]
    Varada-nadi Moola, Varadaambe temple [~5kms from Sagara]
    Sigandooru Chowdeshwari temple [~48kms from Sagara]

The following places are to the north of Sagara. The itinerary can possibly be as follows:
    Sagara - Banavaasi - ChandraGutthi - Guduvi Bird Sanctuary - Soraba - BaLLigaavi - KeLadi - Sagara [~170kms]

ChandraGutthi - Cave temple and a fort.
    Banavaasi - 2nd century HoysaLa temple.
    Guduvi Bird Sanctuary - Amazing nature!
    Soraba - Ranganatha swamy temple.
    BaLLigaavi - 11th century Kedareshwara temple.
    KeLadi - Raameshwara temple and museum.
    1 person likes this.