1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

place among the greats-New owner of Punto 1.3 MJD TW

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sundar1900, Apr 12, 2012.

1. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai

Thanks Buddy
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sundar,
    nothing to worry till you have valid insurance....
    normally the raw material(the metal door,bonnet etc etc) comes with smooth finish,the only thing is that painting will be done in TASS and then fitted to the car.there will be slight difference from that of factory paint,its very hard to recognise !!!
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats sunder,
    You will get the show running back again dear not a issue,
    But Y Y Y did'nt you stop ur punto when it brushed to the gate. What took so long to stop......
    1 person likes this.
  4. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    I didnt feel it was brushing though I knew I was too close to it, thought I could manage to squueze my punto. :(

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Hi I went to concorde motors just now and they wanted to replace both the doors. My concern is, will the new doors be as same as the factory fitted doors??

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Hi I went to concorde motors just now and they wanted to replace both the doors. My concern is, will the new doors be as same as the factory fitted doors??
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The new doors can never be same as the factory fiited. There will be a rubberish coat on the edges of factory fitted doors. This will be missing if you replace the doors. If it can be repaired, I would prefer that instead of replacing the doors.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sundar,
    Why dnt u replace 1 door cmpletly the damagd one.and ask them to remve the dent for the other door and get paintd.
    Wl ths b undr insurance rite!
  7. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Yes its under insurance but I havent got my RC book yet so the service centre is not accepting the car without that. This is causing delay. Regarding both the doors seem to have been affected and the service guy suggests to replace both :(. Can I hear the thud again???
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sundar,
    Dnt wory u wl gain evrythng.
    The door with finish quality wl be bought from FIAT and not an TASS product :)
    Just the door wl be paintd in TASS.
    Thud wil remain.
  9. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Yes the service guy said instead of machine shielding of the rubber bead it will be done manually. I am going abroad for a week, I will be back next saturday and give it for servicing, by the time my RC book also would be in place. Has anyone know if RC copy is must to get the claim?? Concord is not accepting without it.
  10. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Ouchhhh :thumbs down.... Thats Painful...

Buddy... dont worry... you can get the doors replaced... get it notified to your insurance agent... and wait for your RC Book/Smart Card...