1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pirelli P4 Four Seasons Tubeless 185/70 R14 Tyres for Linea Classic Plus MJD

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by sriks84, Jan 5, 2015.

1. sriks84

sriks84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Hey Folks,

I need a quick advice from you guys regarding the tyre size upgrade for my linea calssic plus 1.3 MJD.

I would like to uprage to "Pirelli P4 Four Seasons Tubeless" 185/70/R14 without making too many changes to the OEM size which is 175/70 R14-Apollo as I'm loving the handling and driving convenience with these tyres. I would just like to upgrade to pirelli for superior quality as my tyres are getting punctured very often and I have already driven 20000KM with stock tyres.

Will it be OK to go for a Pirelli with a slight increase of 10mm in tyre widthi.e (185 ) keeping rest of the parameters same.

Please throw some light on mileage, handling, safety, road grip on pirelli tyres compared to Apollo.

Thanks
    Srikanth
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @sriks84 looks good if you are not willing to upgrade the rim size. Could you please let us know how expensive these tyres are?
  3. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT

You need not upgrade to 15 inch rims + tyres

1) if you are happy with Ground Clearance of the car with 14 inchers.
    2) if you are happy with the looks of the car with 14 inchers.

185/70/14 should not be a problem on Linea at all. and 185/70 would be better than 175/70 on both grip levels + comfort
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    185/70 would increase overall diametre of the tyre in comparison to your current 175/70, which would give you more cushioning. I would suggest 185/65 profile if it is available, as it is closer to the current overall diametre.

On the face of it, the Pirelli's would be better tyres than Apollo just because they are obviously a much bigger and reputed brand than Apollo but you could get into the details and compare them thoroughly. I think Pirelli is a better alternative.
  5. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore