1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pinnacle fiat,Kochi,Kerala:Bad experience

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by anoopktla, Mar 24, 2015.

1. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Hi friends,Anybody seen "Insufficient oil pressure stop engine immediately" message in your multijet cars ? i saw this thrice in my car,
    while on cold start,not in the mornings,but during evening , when i start back from office.Went to dealer,they checked using obd scanner and said everything is okay,there is not even a trace of such error !. Had asked me to take a picture of the message if it is shown again,
    another worry has begun :(

The dealer refunded half of the extended warranty + 1200/- pending in the calculation plus the extended warranty itself, initially they were telling something like due to some portal problem, it will be delayed by 2 -3 days, I sent couple of emails to FCA, Mr Mangesh ,and the extended warranty paper came in one day , now the new glitch. The car completed 2900 kms, its been 20~days , it returns 18.5kmpl as per the MID.

I had sent a note to Kevin Flynn , MD & President of Fiat India ,this link and about the tough time we had with the purchase.To my surprise ,he responded!
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Anoop,

Many folks have reported this issue on cold start. Do you generally wait till all the lights turn off on the MAR position before you crank the engine as usually we can clearly hear the pump doing its work. Also it is strongly advisable to get this message recorded in the service log at the FASC so that it can be referred to in the future and they are more cautious to brush it aside by just mentioning no actual issue found. Also a good thought to get the oil levels checked to rule out any drainage.
  3. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Pradeep I wait for the lights to go off before crank.went to service centre and according to them no issues,error logs.im trying to take a pic of the message and whenever camera is ready message wont turn up and vice versa BTW the sound we hear during key on is that of the fuel pump ? Just a doubt.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Right mate, that's the fuel pump in action getting the supply ready for the combustion. Keep is posted and don't worry too much enjoy the ride and Iam sure these small things will be sorted out soon , also kindly have this issue logged in the service history for future reference so that in case of anything we can always ask them to refer to the documented evidence recorded in their system.
  5. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Hate the dealer and may be even Fiat, don't hate your own car. Go for a long trip, it'll cool off your mind. Also show us some pics of your beauty :)
    varunrtr and prabhjot like this.
  6. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    True Fayad, my intention is to share my experience, so that nobody else get into such situations.Car is awsome.Due to some niggles, she is with the dealer.Let them try to fix those.I got a replacement Tjet loan car till I get mine back.They want to give me good service, after getting in touch with some fiat officials, even with their president, I have done the maximum I could do to share my experience with Fiat.Now its time to cool down.Already covered ~3500 kms in 1 month.
    pdash likes this.
  7. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @anoopktla: sad to hear the way fiat treated you :( its indeed horrible to imagine.
    however i wish you have splendid time with your current car. who knows this car is your destiny and may bring more joy in coming days!
    so forget all the bad which happened and have a pleasant journey with your Linea!
    anoopktla likes this.
  8. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Yes ,I am recovering from all my bad memories,They replaced oil pump,now the error message is gone,car covered 8000kms :) ,going to Leh in two weeks time :D
    varunrtr and Deepak like this.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    leh in linea? tats great! have a blast :) and post pics.
  10. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Sure,but we only got 15 days leave, and miles to go.Too excited :)
    Deepak likes this.